It is currently Thu 28. Mar 2024 23:22:53

All times are UTC + 1 hour

Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
PostPosted: Mon 13. Feb 2017 11:16:41 

Hi Tomas

I was looking into Jeti, but following the discussion on Aero integration support I'm not confident anymore.
It looks to me, as Jeti is planing to lock-in users into there own product range like Mikado did with VBAR.

The telemetry stuff over Spirit, special ESC information caught my attention, used mAh, voltage, current and RPM is just mind blowing.
Today I use ISII-rc.com which is doing really great, but requires a dedicated sensor and wiring, plus the additional Display sitting on top of the TX.

I'm a CC Edge and HobbyWing ESC guy with DX9 and Spektrum allover, asking for your suggestion as you got your dev. roadmap in mind.

Should I wait for Spirit to support Spektrum telemetry with Telemetry Receivers like SPM4649T.
Or should I invest in FrSky like Horus/Taranis X9D which gives telemetry and config support on top but means $$$ for radio base migration.

Best regards, Adrian

Oxy4max SpiritPro + HW // SOXOS 550, SpiritPro, HW120A V4, 920KV // SOXOS 600, SpiritPro, HW160A, Pyro650 // SOXOS Strike7, SpiritPro, HW160A, Pyro750 // Skywing Spirit Aero // FrSky Horus X10S + Taranis X7 /

PostPosted: Mon 13. Feb 2017 11:24:54 
Site Admin

For sure this feature is planned for next firmware release. All our integrations will be supported as the telemetry is working there as well. So these are the first on the list.
Regarding Spektrum we want to implement telemetry as well, so it is rather only matter of time. But until released we can't guarantee it.

Maybe this week new version will be released that could bring a new options for you.

PostPosted: Mon 13. Feb 2017 12:10:19 

Thanks getting back, reading between the lines, you suggest to go for FrSky to get the full benefits. Spektrum will get it, but without the beauty of Spirit configuration via TX.
As I learned, different Orange Modules from HK will fit in FrSky Radio into backside Slot to support Futaba, Spektrum and others Receivers and SAT. Not to expect superior range with the antenna on the backside, but it will work for all the Radio low and mid range flying stuff.

This leads me to the question Horus X12D or Taransi X9D?
Any suggestion from you or the field, as there are lots of comments on Quad pilots sitting with the radio on a chair, but little from RC Heli pilots.
I'm just wondering if the desired Horus 8-) fits well in hands of 3D Heli pilots using only thumbs or thumbs and index finger standing on the flight line?

Any comments are appreciated regards, Adrian

Oxy4max SpiritPro + HW // SOXOS 550, SpiritPro, HW120A V4, 920KV // SOXOS 600, SpiritPro, HW160A, Pyro650 // SOXOS Strike7, SpiritPro, HW160A, Pyro750 // Skywing Spirit Aero // FrSky Horus X10S + Taranis X7 /

PostPosted: Mon 13. Feb 2017 13:11:05 
Site Admin

From my experience I can say that the OpenTX has the biggest support for a features I have ever seen. So it can do anything you can probably ever need.
Taranis X9D is older radio (design is similar to old DX7 radio) but it is fully utilizing the hardware and will offer you for example full Lua scripting. Voice output is not too clean, but can be programmed very well.
It has switches as I like it (Futaba style), great for the rescue. The only disadvantage is that it has so many functions that even some basic tasks can be more complicated. But for experienced pilots it is very good. To make it much easier you can interface it with the PC app (Companion) that is very good including full simulator for many radios with OpenTX.
Practically anything can be changed there. There are no limitations for switches, etc.

Horus is very different with regards to design, has the same features as Taranis (due to OpenTX) + very good display. UI is more clean and probably easier to understand. Quality is very good. But regarding functionality, it is on par with Taranis. If something is missing there, you can easily implement it there.

Regarding FrSky, if you want to use telemetry/integration, make sure that the receiver has the S.Port.

Jeti has more user friendly configuration and the telemetry communication is probably the fastest from anything else available. Integration menu experience is the fastest due to this.
On the other hand you need more expensive devices and connecting more sensors could be not that easy as with e.g. FrSky. DS/DC-14 is quite limited (you have to buy some additional modules (intentioanlly limited by software) to utilize it fully else it has functionality of a cheaper 8-ch radio) - for example only 3 flight modes in the stock settings. But hardware is nearly same as DS/DC-16, the quality is very good.

Jeti transmitters and Horus are very similar in hands.

PostPosted: Tue 14. Feb 2017 8:10:58 

Thanks for your comments. Superior service.
I just ordered my FrSky Horus with a X4R-SB receiver and the integration cable from Spirit-Systems.
Let's see how it works, I might share my experience later.