It is currently Fri 29. Mar 2024 6:20:45

All times are UTC + 1 hour

Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
 Post subject: Step response delay
PostPosted: Wed 19. Oct 2016 23:50:05 

Hi I wanted to ask for advice / help relating to a problem I'm experiencing the setting of my pro spirit, the spirit is mounted on a goblin 700 competition just that when I give you all negative pitch or pisitivo known a command delay of 1 second, I do not understand the problem was obliged, mechanically everything is in order, then I ask you who parameter should move to improve the step response of my model. Has anyone had any similar problem? Thank you and good evening to excuse my English but I'm using google translator are not good with English. Hello

Post subject: Re: Step response delay
PostPosted: Thu 20. Oct 2016 8:17:34 
Site Admin

Hi,

unfortunately I have not seen any issue like this with our units. What you can try is to disconnect USB interface cable from the unit - maybe something is running in the computer that sends commands to your unit all the time.

Can you tell me what transmitter and receiver you are using, please?

Thank you very much!

PostPosted: Thu 20. Oct 2016 8:34:03 

The issue reflected in the flight up to the counter, my radio is the Taranis, perhaps only explained to me bad, when I'm flying and I try to do tic toc and everything positive or negative command, the model has a 1 second delay in the reaction command. I hope I have explained the situation better.

PostPosted: Thu 20. Oct 2016 9:38:20 
Site Admin

Ah, now I understand.

This issue is caused in 99% cases by damaged or reversed axial bearings in the rotor head.
Axial bearings must be placed in the correct direction - there is Input/Output side.

If damaged or reversed, then in the flight force that servos must overcome is very, very high. This is reason why there is so big delay.
This issue is not visible on the ground, because rotor is not spinning. But due to centrifugal force the problem is visible only in the flight.

There is no parameter that can affect this in the unit, because it is only retransmitting collective pitch channel to the servos.

The problem with axial servos can develop even with new helicopter during few flights. If something is not fitted precisely inside the rotor head they are damaged very quickly.
So you will need to check the rotor head, especially the axial bearings and its directions.

PostPosted: Tue 14. Feb 2017 19:57:27 

ZeXx86 wrote:
Ah, now I understand.

This issue is caused in 99% cases by damaged or reversed axial bearings in the rotor head.
Axial bearings must be placed in the correct direction - there is Input/Output side.

If damaged or reversed, then in the flight force that servos must overcome is very, very high. This is reason why there is so big delay.
This issue is not visible on the ground, because rotor is not spinning. But due to centrifugal force the problem is visible only in the flight.

There is no parameter that can affect this in the unit, because it is only retransmitting collective pitch channel to the servos.

The problem with axial servos can develop even with new helicopter during few flights. If something is not fitted precisely inside the rotor head they are damaged very quickly.
So you will need to check the rotor head, especially the axial bearings and its directions.

+1 for your technical support.
Just curiosity, how long have you been flying? Looks like a very experienced pilot

Enviado desde mi MI MAX mediante Tapatalk

PostPosted: Sat 18. Feb 2017 21:09:38 
Site Admin

Perfect.
I am flying with helicopters from 2009. One year later, Spirit development started.