It is currently Sat 27. Apr 2024 12:52:05

All times are UTC + 1 hour

Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
 Post subject: stability mode
PostPosted: Wed 24. Jun 2015 0:57:39 

Can I fly around in stability mode as with a coaxal heli?

Post subject: Re: stability mode
PostPosted: Wed 24. Jun 2015 5:55:06 

Yes. Higher Direction control setting will give you more control while in stab mode

Compass 7hv v2 spirit pro. Compass 7hv v2 spirit pro. Trex 550fl spirit. Heli-x sim. NeXt sim. Pheonix sim. Fms p51 1400 spirit. Coolice 2400watt psu. Pl6. Icharger 206. Peter lynn twister 5.6. Dx9. TM1000.

PostPosted: Tue 18. Aug 2015 6:23:39 

This question partly answers my question. So I'll hijack it a bit.

I just have no interest in any 3D or sport flying. I just like to hover and fly around at fairly leisurely speeds. My question is can I have it set so that I fly normally in Stabilization but if I get in real trouble can I set it to flip into Rescue to save my day. I'll always want it right side up.

If I eventually get so I can fly well and get brave I could go to a more normal set up with "regular" mode and Rescue.

I have to guess that there are a decent number of us out there (and just not getting too vocal) who want that kind of setup.

Maybe a few instructions on how to get there??

Thanks.

-Barry

PostPosted: Tue 18. Aug 2015 12:44:22 
Site Admin

Yes, behavior you are describing can be configured.

It highly depends on your transmitter, but even with the cheapest 6 channel receiver it is possible with usage of Bank Switching.

You should start with Bank Switching configuration so one bank can be used for Stabilisation mode and another one for the Rescue mode.
Then it depends on what switches you want to use in your transmitter to enable/switch between these modes.

PostPosted: Tue 18. Aug 2015 19:53:12 

Thanks for the quick answer. I'm using my Taranis Plus so lots of switch choices. I'll have to dig into bank switching and get comfortable with that.

-Barry

PostPosted: Thu 28. Jan 2016 9:05:31 

I have a similar wish!

Ive just moved over from Beast X to Spirit because of the stability and rescue modes.

I have a DX18 and have physically moved my radio's momentary / bind switch out to the LH corner for easier access.

I initially used the Spektrum setup guide to setup my Logo 600 with the 'Hold' flight mode / rescue being activated by the momentary bind switch (selects negative rudder gain for rescue).

However I thought it would be great though if the radio could be setup to fly in stability acro mode (for practising new manoeuvres and inverted flight) but still be able to press the momentary switch for rescue? Kinda like my Blade CP S and 230S.

I was thinking this could maybe be done by setting up;

- First flight mode (0) with a negative rudder gain value (and have Bank 0 setup for flying around in stability / acro mode but sports flying pitch / throttle curves)

- Second flight mode (1) as a positive gain for normal sport flying (cant cheat all the time :) ) but somehow still have rescue available through the momentary switch

- Third flight mode (2) with a negative rudder gain value (and again have Bank 0 setup for stability / acro mode but 3D pitch / throttle curves) Im very new to 3D so wouldnt mind the stability assistance for a while!!

Now with the Spirit;

- Bank 0 as stability / acro mode
- Bank 1 as Rescue but the bank change selected through the momentary / bind switch from any of the flight modes?

I presume that as the helo would be running negative gain in the first Flight Mode (0)and FM 2 it should easily transfer from the stability/acro bank (Bank 0) and go to rescue mode (Bank 1) if bank switching is selected through the momentary switch?

What I'm not sure of though is that it will be possible to have the momentary switch still activating rescue for Flight Modes 1 when the helo is running a positive rudder gain value?

Maybe through a mix to reverse the rudder gain if the momentary switch is pressed whilst in FM 1??

Has anyone had any success in setting up their Spektrum (particularly DX9 or DX18) like this?

Thanks for any advice!

PostPosted: Thu 28. Jan 2016 10:48:24 

Yes you can.

In the Spirit setup, the only difference you should have between Bank 0 and Bank 1 is the Stabi function, which will be "Stabilization (acro)" for Bank 0 and "Rescue (normal)" for Bank 1.

Your 0 flight mode has to send "Bank 0" AND negative gain so to fly in "Stabilization (acro)".
Your 1 flight mode has to send "Bank 0" AND positive gain so to fly without any "cheating" ))))
Your 2 flight mode has to send "Bank 0" AND negative gain so to fly in "Stabilization (acro)" (but with enhanced PC/TC).

To Rescue you need to send "Bank 1" AND negative gain.

Last edited by Coco66 on Thu 28. Jan 2016 10:55:43, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Thu 28. Jan 2016 10:55:10 

On second thoughts, I think you could also make it simpler and manage through Banks only.

Unassign the Gyro Gain channel in General/Channels (so it means that the Gyro gain will be managed in the Spirit software itself and not in the TX).

Setup like this:
Bank 0 has Stabi "Stabilization (acro)" and negative gain. That's your FM 0 AND FM 2.
Bank 1 has no Stabi and positive gain. That's your FM 1.
Bank 2 has Stabi "Rescue (normal)" and negative gain. That's your Rescue.

So in your TX you would have to play around only with Bank switching (in previous case you would have to set Bank switching AND positive/negative gains).

PostPosted: Fri 29. Jan 2016 10:34:56 

Got it all working great as proposed in my original post.

FM0 is sport flying curves in Bank 0 stabilisation (negative gyro)

FM1 is sport flying curves in Bank 0 but no stabilisation (positive gyro)

FM2 is 3D with 3D curves in Bank 0 but no stabilisation (positive gyro)

Bank 0 is Stabilisation

Bank 1 is Rescue

Banks are controlled through Aux 2 assigned to my momentary / sprung switch.

Therefore in FM0 I can fly around in stabilisation mode but when I press the momentary (rescue) button the bank changes to Bank 1 and the heli climbs in rescue mode.

In FM1 I can fly around without any stabilisation (positive gyro setting) but I set up a Aux2 to Gyro mix that reverses the mix as well as selecting Bank 2 Rescue when I press the button.

Ive set FM2 (3D PIT / THR Curves) the same as FM1 for the moment (no stabilisation but rescue works through the mix) but it would be easy to set it up the same as FM0 with Stabilisation Acro and Rescue when I start getting more into practising that style of flying.

At the moment Im more focused on Sports flying.