It is currently Sat 27. Apr 2024 12:32:03

All times are UTC + 1 hour

Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
PostPosted: Fri 08. Mar 2024 14:44:39 

My auto-bailout worked great with older versions of the Spirit Operating System. As newer versions came out, the auto-bailout altitude varies by 4-5 ft to the negative side. If I set it at 12ft, it may work at this height directly after I set it , as I continue to fly and test the auto-bail out, it varies substantially on the negative side. Some times it goes down to 4 feet.

What can I do to get the altitude accuracy back to what it was on prior versions of the Spirit Operating System?

PostPosted: Fri 08. Mar 2024 14:50:32 
Site Admin

Hello,

accuracy measurement should be very same. The only way that could change through the update is how Bailout Altitude is set. It could also vary depending on weather. This is factor which could have big impact on precision.

Can you tell me if you are talking about Spirit GT or Spirit GeoLink? And how you are engaging the Automatic Rescue?

PostPosted: Fri 08. Mar 2024 17:13:38 

I have Spirit GT's on my 4 helicopters and the problem is the same on all of them. The altitude variability issues popped up about July last year. I would greatly appreciate it if you could recommend a solution.

PostPosted: Mon 18. Mar 2024 14:00:46 

I provided the information that you requested regarding which Spirit unit I was using, with the issue of great variations in altitude bailout once it is set.

Please let me know how to rectify this nagging issue.

PostPosted: Mon 18. Mar 2024 16:03:57 
Site Admin

I am afraid but there were no changes regarding Altitude Limit for Spirit GT in terms of precision or measurement. Unfortunately I have no idea if some other settings changed ot your models - this could possibly cause a difference. For example how the Rescue is engaged.
If you think the problem is in firmware, you can easily flash older firmware - even 2 years old and see if there is really a difference.

Here you can find older software version:
https://spirit-system.com/history.php