It is currently Sun 28. Apr 2024 6:54:38

All times are UTC + 1 hour

Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
PostPosted: Sun 21. Jan 2024 15:43:53 

I have flown the GT in basic and switchless flight mode with no issues. When switching into the channel assigned Coaxial mode it works ok for a short time other times it immediately banks the swashplate and allows no change with the cyclic controls. You still have rudder.
When you switch off coaxial, control returns. I apologize in advance if this has already been covered. I have banks on channel seven. Stabi functions on Channel 8. Coaxial on channel 9,.. Trex 550E Spektrum IX20

Thanks.

PostPosted: Sun 21. Jan 2024 17:09:44 

Hi
first thing you should try is to go throught the following checklist: https://manual.spirit-system.com/index. ... ise_Rescue
could be some kind of vibration issue... i.e. Esc fan?

PostPosted: Sun 21. Jan 2024 17:16:20 

Thanks Michael. I've been through the online manual and videos. I saw one person with my exact setup. Others using bank switching.
It's not a vibration issue because it is happening on the bench...
Not comfortable trying it in flight. The hard deck setup does work in flight with no issue so I believe have have channel assignment correct...

Thanks Again!

PostPosted: Sun 21. Jan 2024 18:32:35 
Site Admin

Hi,

I recommend to turn Bank Switching Off if you really do not need it. This makes settings much more complicated with many possible issues.
With Bank Switching you can have several different configurations which could be incompatible.

Sharing your settings file would be very helpful. Otherwise it is very hard to help.

PostPosted: Mon 22. Jan 2024 13:40:33 

Hi ZeXx86,

Is there a way we can get to know if our configurations are incompatible? could you please share an example? what would be the consequences of having an incompatible configuration for example would the flight controller go into failsafe , or pose any unpredictable flight characteristics.? Due to the amount of configurable parameters available and the possible combinations would be super if the programming UI gives a warning once an incompatibility is detected.

Thank you.

PostPosted: Mon 22. Jan 2024 21:59:58 
Site Admin

By incompatible I mean that you are trying to mix for example Bank Switching and two different engaging methods for Rescue/Stabilisation modes.
No, it will not cause any unexpected things. It will do just what is programmed. Unfortunately after combining all the features together, especially using Bank Switching some pilots might not understand what will happen. Then they are confused why it does not work, just because they have not found some switch need to be assigned in their radio and what are implications of using all this.
I think with more channel radios pilots will not need bank switching at all for example.

The best way to start for newbie is to enable only the base features. And add only one new feature and try again. Then to try another. Not to enable everything from the beginning. This is hard for beginner to check if all is OK.

PostPosted: Sat 27. Jan 2024 21:43:39 

I flew the heli today and discovered the source of the coxial stabilization locking up the swashplate. When the geolink is not plugged in, coaxial works fine. As soon as it is plugged and you enable coaxial it locks up. However, things like position hold within the geolink settings works fine. We did the geolink calibration first.
I had a second brand new Geolink and it behaved the same way. It seems that the Geolink is interfering with stabilization in the Spirit unit. I have not tried other stabilization choices such as scale flying to see if it has the same problem...

Still head scratching!!!

PostPosted: Mon 29. Jan 2024 11:22:32 
Site Admin

Hello,

when GeoLink is plugged in then after it will acquire GPS signal all features that you have engaged will start to operate.
This mean that your "locking" issue is caused by engaged feature that you enabled in the settings.

Very likely you enabled more features but forgot to assign channels for them (or some of them). If channel is not assigned then it is engaged with any Stabi function.
This mean also when Coaxial mode is engaged.

So your locking could be result of engaging for example Geo-fence together with Coaxial. But all this is immediately visible in the Diagnostic tab where you can see all features engaged. Similarly it is visible at the GeoLink - Aid tab.

In other words it is enough to enable GeoLink only features that you want to use and see how they are engaged. And if engaged with Stabi mode then just configure a free channel for them.

PostPosted: Sun 11. Feb 2024 18:50:57 

Just wanted to provide an update. I have two identical GT units with the geolink.
I swapped out the geolinks and had the same problem. If the geolink is plugged in and you switch on any stabilization like scale or coxial it will work at first than lock up the head.
Even if you have no stab functions enabled ie position hold. As long as the the geolink is not plugged in the unit works fine.

When I swapped the GT units with identical settings the problem went away. I set up an number of additional functions and it worked fine!

Sometimes the simple answer is the right one! Thanks for all the suggestions....

PostPosted: Sun 11. Feb 2024 19:01:30 
Site Admin

The problem is you can assign the features in Channels window and then in the GeoLink Aid tab.
If you forgot about Aid tab it will be engaging GeoLink function whenever Stabilisation is enabled.
It is not issue of your unit but is doing just what is programmed.