It is currently Thu 09. May 2024 1:23:33

All times are UTC + 1 hour

Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
PostPosted: Thu 07. Dec 2023 21:16:01 

Hi guys!

With my Spirit GT this problem sometimes happens again. When you press the rescue button, FBL turns on negative pitch instead of positive ones. This problem is rarely repeated, but because of this the helicopter has crashed twice already. Even if at the beginning of one flight the rescue works normally, a problem may appear in the end. In other cases, the rescue works as it should. There are no vibrations or technical problems.

The logs after the accident say that the system is working normally.
Firmware 3.5.0, Trex 500.

Problem video:
https://youtube.com/shorts/rdYaWAff0B0

PostPosted: Fri 08. Dec 2023 8:50:31 
Site Admin

Hello,

here you can find all possible reasons why this can happen and how to verify if it works without any risk:
https://manual.spirit-system.com/index. ... ise_Rescue

It look like some base settings is not correct. You can share settings file so I can check it.

PostPosted: Fri 08. Dec 2023 19:07:08 

Thank you. I have attached my settings file. I also have now enabled the Stabi Correction option, but I’m not sure if it will help me. As I said, the rescue always works as it should, but sometimes it works in the wrong direction. If you watch my video above, you will see that even with the motor off and without any vibrations, the rescue does not work correctly.

Attachments:
TRex500.4ds [255 Bytes]
Downloaded 186 times

PostPosted: Fri 08. Dec 2023 19:29:45 
Site Admin

I checked your settings and it looks good from what I can verify.

Can you please verify when you move collective pitch up, you will see 100% in the Diagnostic tab?
I mean direction is very important. So that sticks direction will correspond with what you can see in the Diagnostic tab.
I recommend to turn off Extended signal processing.

PostPosted: Sat 09. Dec 2023 11:51:29 

ZeXx86 wrote:
I checked your settings and it looks good from what I can verify.

Can you please verify when you move collective pitch up, you will see 100% in the Diagnostic tab?
I mean direction is very important. So that sticks direction will correspond with what you can see in the Diagnostic tab.
I recommend to turn off Extended signal processing.

I checked the tab again. Of course, when the throttle stick is all the way up it's 100%. When completely below it is -100%.
What do yo mean to turn off Extended signal processing? Turn off Stabi Correction? And what then is the solution to my problem if there are no obvious faults?

Perhaps this is a hardware problem and a warranty issue? I'm not ready to fly that helicopter again and crash it again.

PostPosted: Sat 09. Dec 2023 14:18:53 
Site Admin

Hello,

your settings contain Extended signal processing enabled which is not default option. We recommend to turn it off, if you have not tested this settings previously.
Have you read the guide I sent you? There you can find all possible reasons why exactly this behavior can happen.
It seems you have not read it, because there you can find also how to check if it works correctly with no risk of crash.

It look like your base settings is correct (except Extended signal processing enabled) - this parameter is used usually only on nitro helicopters with very high vibrations. But you will loose additional corrections from other sensors, that can fix the problem you actually have now.
So it is possible only turning off Extended signal processing is enough.

Next thing I recommend to verify is vibration level with Spectrum Analysis tool. Ideally with tail blades on (very carefully).

PostPosted: Sat 09. Dec 2023 21:25:52 

Yes, I read this article even earlier because this is my second time dealing with this problem. I repeat, the heli is configured correctly (I checked it several times) and there are no special vibrations. I'm not sure if it's vibrations. In my video in the first post, the heli is standing with the motor turned off, but the rescue is still not working correctly!

I turned on Extended signal processing only now. During the rescue problem it was always turned off. I understand you, I turn it off.

I'll check the vibrations with Spectrum Analysis tool and with tail blades and write you the result.

PostPosted: Mon 11. Dec 2023 12:46:09 

Looks like the swash is tilting forward and not up correct? Have you tried engaging self level an this state to see if it’s trying to level or tilting forward?

PostPosted: Mon 11. Dec 2023 12:49:30 
Site Admin

Surf Rider wrote:
Yes, I read this article even earlier because this is my second time dealing with this problem. I repeat, the heli is configured correctly (I checked it several times) and there are no special vibrations. I'm not sure if it's vibrations. In my video in the first post, the heli is standing with the motor turned off, but the rescue is still not working correctly!

I turned on Extended signal processing only now. During the rescue problem it was always turned off. I understand you, I turn it off.

I'll check the vibrations with Spectrum Analysis tool and with tail blades and write you the result.

Please send what you can see after pressing CTRL + ALT + M - when model is at a flat table. These values will tell us if sensor is working correctly.

PostPosted: Mon 11. Dec 2023 20:06:40 

CTRL + ALT + M - when model is at a flat table

Gave it a try on my model (kraken 580)

-11-77-2037

How do you interpret these values?