It is currently Wed 29. May 2024 17:58:33

All times are UTC + 1 hour

Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
PostPosted: Sun 26. May 2024 13:09:40 

Dear Ladies and Gentlemen,

it is my first time to set up a helicopter with FBL... . I like to set up a TRex450 with Spirit GTR and Jeti DS12. The TRex450 is built with the length of the servo rods to the swashplate according instruction manual. During the setup wizard when it comes to the geometry tuning, I am asked to set 6 degree pitch. But at this point the pitch is already at around 15 degree. 15 degree is above limit to correct the pitch to 6 degree with the setup wizard.
Can you imagine a reason for that. And how can I handle that problem. Do I have to install the swashplate for a lower pitch and shorten the servo rods? How far would it be to shorten from 15 degree to 6 degree?
Thank you very much for your help already and best regards,
Jabba

PostPosted: Sun 26. May 2024 13:31:18 

What is the main blade pitch while the swash servos are centred?

PostPosted: Sun 26. May 2024 13:47:13 

Hello,

the pitch for the Align 450 (or is that an Align 450L ?) it the normal should be max. ±11° that's really enough -
For the cyclic I would suggest max. 10 ° but for shure you can here play around as you want it but never higher than pitch settings -
Then check the cyclic ring again that there is no binding in any situation at min and max pitch -

Regards

PostPosted: Sun 26. May 2024 13:55:10 

senaka wrote:
What is the main blade pitch while the swash servos are centred?

Hello, thank you for your answer already. I just checked it. With the swashplate servos centered (all sticks at the Jeti DS12 in centered position) the pitch is around 1 degree. (this should be only collective pitch with no cyclic pitch, so the position of the blades does not matter as I think)...
What should be the pitch at this status?
Thank you already...
Jabba

PostPosted: Sun 26. May 2024 14:02:57 

Mattes61 wrote:
Hello,

the pitch for the Align 450 (or is that an Align 450L ?) it the normal should be max. ±11° that's really enough -
For the cyclic I would suggest max. 10 ° but for shure you can here play around as you want it but never higher than pitch settings -
Then check the cyclic ring again that there is no binding in any situation at min and max pitch -

Regards

Hello Mattes,

it is the TRex450L... thx

PostPosted: Sun 26. May 2024 15:24:35 

Hello Jabba,
can you set up the heli with collective pitch +-10° and then set the cyclic ring to 9° - If you have at mid-stick 1° then you should reduce the length of all the three servo connections to the swashplate that you have at mid-stick 0° pitch that's very important ! Take for this also a swash leveler that you are 100% shure that the swashplate is leveled - Then set the max pitch to 10 ° and test then with the stick down if you have also -10° pitch. If you get this then you will set under advanced the geometry tuning to 6° and at last you have to check the cyclic ring if there is any binding - if there is a binding you must reduce the cyclic ring that you have no more binding (test it by +10° and -10° pitch) -

I hope this helps !

Regards
Matthias

PostPosted: Sun 26. May 2024 16:46:25 

Mattes61 wrote:
Hello Jabba,
can you set up the heli with collective pitch +-10° and then set the cyclic ring to 9° - If you have at mid-stick 1° then you should reduce the length of all the three servo connections to the swashplate that you have at mid-stick 0° pitch that's very important ! Take for this also a swash leveler that you are 100% shure that the swashplate is leveled - Then set the max pitch to 10 ° and test then with the stick down if you have also -10° pitch. If you get this then you will set under advanced the geometry tuning to 6° and at last you have to check the cyclic ring if there is any binding - if there is a binding you must reduce the cyclic ring that you have no more binding (test it by +10° and -10° pitch) -

I hope this helps !

Regards
Matthias

Hi Matthias,

thank you.... let it get me right, so I have a few questions about it:

- at first I reduce the length of the three servo connections to the swashplate to get at the servo neutral position (mid stick position of both sticks on the transmitter) a 0 degree collective pitch. is that right?

- next I have to set max collective pitch to 10 degree in both directions with the stick of the transmitter to full forward/max pitch and full backward/minimum pitch. The question is, how and where do I do that? Do I have to do that with the transmitter before I use the setup wizard from Spirit? For the Jeti DS12, do I have to reduce the Max positive and Max negative value in the servo settings for the pitch to reach the value of +/-10degree collective pitch? is that right?

thank you very much already,

Jabba

PostPosted: Sun 26. May 2024 19:37:54 

Hello Jabba,
I have mode 2 and for me its only the left stick which controlls the pitch, the right stick is Aileron and Elevator - The Rudder is on the left stick -
All settings have to be made only in the Spirit Software -

Your first question:
only the left stick in Mode2 (in my case) at midstick 0°

Your second question:
collective will be set also only in the Spirit Software Tab "Limits"

Your third question:
In the Diagnose Tab all the directions has to be correct for example if you give rudder left (transmitter) you have to see the same direction in the Diagnose Tab and it has to be 100 % -
This applies to all stick movements, that's very important !

I don't know the Jeti transmitter, so I can not say how you get 100% if you have only for examlpe 95% you have to change the sevo-travel - if direction is wrong you must reverse the channel in the radio -

If you have in the Diagnose Tab the right directions and all sticks are at maximum +-100% in then the most things are allright -

This is the only place where you must eventually change throws or reverse an channel in your radio !
After this point it is forbidden to change anything in the transmitter - changes are then only made in the Spirit Software nowhere else !

https://manual.spirit-system.com/index.php?title=SpiritRS

Diagnose Tab:
Attachment:
Screenshot 2024-05-26 203428.png
Screenshot 2024-05-26 203428.png [ 359.15 KiB | Viewed 92 times ]

Limits Tab:
Attachment:
Screenshot 2024-05-26 203109.png
Screenshot 2024-05-26 203109.png [ 500.99 KiB | Viewed 92 times ]

Regards
Matthias