It is currently Wed 15. May 2024 19:13:15

All times are UTC + 1 hour

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 232 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 24  Next
  Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
PostPosted: Tue 27. Dec 2022 20:37:16 
Site Admin

RTN button will bypass the Save Settings dialog closing and script closing dialog. These will not close with X18 when they should.

Regarding receivers, this is another issue and we have no idea why they are working so differently.
It is very helpful you were checking it with various receivers.

Communication with FrSky is pretty slow now, I think they are working on many other issues, but I believe all this will be sorted soon.
It would be great if we can contact some of their developer directly.

PostPosted: Wed 28. Dec 2022 6:23:48 

"Regarding receivers, this is another issue and we have no idea why they are working so differently.
It is very helpful you were checking it with various receivers."

Since it doesn't look like there's going to be much help forthcoming for these issues that seem to be receiver related, I'm willing to give LUA scripting a shot, and try to see if I can figure things on my own, but your Spirit LUA script is compiled. Can I get an uncompiled version of it?

PostPosted: Wed 28. Dec 2022 9:58:05 
Site Admin

Yes, we can provide Lua script.
Unfortunately there is really nothing related to any receiver or radio. Code is 100% identical to all.
The same is in our Spirit units. The only difference is in their receivers. Actually there should be no difference between ACCST and ACCESS. But for some reason for each receiver and protocol they have different developer who is writing everything from scratch which could be only explanation why it is so uncoherent and unpredictable :(
Now I am out of office but tomorrow I can send the script.

PostPosted: Wed 28. Dec 2022 17:25:39 

Thank you, I'm willing to give it a shot anyway.

PostPosted: Fri 30. Dec 2022 8:25:27 
Site Admin

We received email from FrSky and it seems they do not plan to support S.PORT with EthOS. There is only partial support but it seems their aim is that all people will move to F.Port and FBUS.

PostPosted: Sat 31. Dec 2022 21:44:46 

Well, that's not very useful. It will restrict their usefulness to only a handful of FBLs that support F.Port.

In the case of the Spirit product line, it will only be useful on the Spirit GT and GTR. All other models will have no usable telemetry or integration.

You also mentioned that S.Port is only partially supported. How so? What are the restrictions, or unsupported functions?

PostPosted: Sun 01. Jan 2023 22:34:44 

Dudemeister wrote:
So, after trying a bunch of different receivers, I've come to one conclusion, Integration seems to be totally dependent on the receiver model.

So far I have tried:

R9MM OTA access = Works
R9MM OTA ACCST = DOES NOT WORK
R9 Mini OTA access = Works
R4XR access = Works
R4XR ACCST = DOES NOT WORK
Archer RS access = DOES NOT WORK
RM R161 ACCST = DOES NOT WORK

I still need to try the RadioMaster R161 in F.Port mode. Since this is not an FrSky receiver, I can't install Acess on it.

All other components are basically the same, FrSky X20 Radio with Ethos 1.4.2 or 1.4.4, Castle ESCs (Phoenix Edge or Talon) and some version of the Spirit FBL (Spirit, Spirit Pro, Spirit II and Spirit GT).

I'm not sure why the receivers make such a difference, I'm not a programmer, but I would think that should be where the guys that wrote the LUA scripts should look into.

@ZeXx86
Speaking of LUA scripts, is there an updated version of the Spirit LUA for Ethos we could try?

I have an Archer RS and Spirit GTs on two helicopters. Using the X18S and telemetry and integration work on both models.

PostPosted: Mon 02. Jan 2023 8:29:56 

"I have an Archer RS and Spirit GTs on two helicopters. Using the X18S and telemetry and integration work on both models."

You are probably using them with F.Port, not S.Port. I have tried Archer RS with F.Port, on the GT, and it does work. However, it doesn't work through S.Port on my Spirit 1. And until Tomas makes good on his promise of enabling F.Port on all units, I'm stuck with S.port on all my Spirit units other than Spirit GT.

PostPosted: Mon 02. Jan 2023 8:48:45 
Site Admin

Hello,

S.Port is working with telemetry on EthOS. Unfortunately from FrSky side they seem to be not interested in supporting also integration. Probably it is intentional move to get rid of old S.Port.
F.Port will be supported by all Spirit units very soon, except first Spirit units.
Very likely today we will release new 3.4.4 version. Then there will be another one with F.Port support.

PostPosted: Mon 02. Jan 2023 19:39:39 

ZeXx86 wrote:
Hello,

S.Port is working with telemetry on EthOS. Unfortunately from FrSky side they seem to be not interested in supporting also integration. Probably it is intentional move to get rid of old S.Port.
F.Port will be supported by all Spirit units very soon, except first Spirit units.
Very likely today we will release new 3.4.4 version. Then there will be another one with F.Port support.

Very much appreciate your accommodating us ethos users.

Question: I have a spirit II. Will the spirit s.port adapter cable I have be usable for fport if I have a receiver that requires inversion, when that firmware does become available?

Thanks!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 232 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 24  Next