It is currently Thu 18. Apr 2024 6:27:23

All times are UTC + 1 hour

Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
PostPosted: Tue 17. Nov 2020 21:16:06 

I must be doing something wrong. I can not get my DSMX satellite to bind to my Spirit 2. Followed directions, Updated the software, tried several ways, looked online and still no bind. Any suggestions ?

PostPosted: Wed 18. Nov 2020 15:58:25 

first question: do the Sats go into bind mode or not? if yes => not a thing Spirit can influence ;) try to increase the distance between the sats and the Tx during bind (> 1.5m). if it does not work try to bind using a Spektrum receiver and then connect again to Spirit. check 11/22ms setting etc in Tx... (btw: which Tx?)

nb: you do not bind a Spirit to DSMX, you do bind a DSMX sat to a (Spektrum?) Tx ;)

PostPosted: Wed 18. Nov 2020 17:25:46 

Sorry, The issue is the DSMX Sat. will not go into bind mode.
I have a Spirit 2 . I plugged a DSMX sat. into sat port 1 with the cable that comes with the Sat. The Sat. will not go into bind mode, that is the issue. Yes, I can put the Spectrum Sat. into a Spektrum receiver and it will bind when attached to the Spektrum RX. But I can not get the DSMX sat to bind to the Spirit 2 unit in the way the instructions show.
Instructions are a little unclear. Never really tells me to turn off the Spirit 2 after turning it on, but then it says to turn it on with the bind plug... but it is already on. I must not understand it. I was not sure if binding the Sat. on a different RX then plugging it into the Spirit 2 to use was a good idea or not. It does talk when I do that, but not sure it is the way to go.

PostPosted: Wed 18. Nov 2020 22:49:45 

... did you follow the process described in the manual:

"To bind the satellites, insert a bind plug in the SYS port for DSM2 satellites or the ELE/PIT/AIL port for DSMX satellites. Power cycling the Spirit start the bind process. Once successfully bound, the STATUS LED will go out and the satellite LED will come on. If the second satellite fails to bind, swap the satellites and repeat the bind process.

Be sure Receiver type in the software is configured to Spektrum DSM2/X otherwise binding process will not work. Never plug a connector for powering the unit to SYS or ELE/PIT/AIL positions."

PostPosted: Thu 19. Nov 2020 4:47:44 

Yes sir, did all that. Many deferent ways too. I am using a Horus X12x with open TX. It binds to a normal Spektrum RX. I am going to try a different TX.