It is currently Thu 28. Mar 2024 17:30:17

All times are UTC + 1 hour

Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
 Post subject: Spirit RS governer help
PostPosted: Sat 19. Sep 2020 13:08:13 

I have setup my TT X50 nitro with a Spirit FBL but there are not enough external channels to use my existing governer. (aux is used for glow)
I'm trying to use the Spirit governer with an Align HE50H22 sensor. The sensor wire plugged into the centre pin of the E2 socket and powered by the Sat1 socket.
The issue i am struggling with is the governer is set low to 1455rpm for testing and it holds about 1540 but the main issue is when closing the throttle to idle and then opening the throttle the engine speeds up to give a head speed of about 2000rpm and slowly drops back to 1540.
Can anyone point me in a direction to fix this please?
Kind regards
Ade

PostPosted: Thu 08. Oct 2020 22:21:51 

One question regarding the division. for the align Sensor you use two magnets one north and one with south. must I use 1 or 2 in the division field

PostPosted: Thu 08. Oct 2020 23:11:42 

Not a definitive answer but I'm about to test my TT Raptor Titan 50 / Spirit RS setup with Spirit governor and hall sensor, but at present I just have one magnet on the fan/flywheel. I tested the sensor in spirit settings (RPM sensor tester) and the indicator goes on/off when I spin the motor on the bench. Haven't started the motor yet so maybe I'll have a similar issue if the governor won't hold at lower rpms. I'm looking for 1500/1600/1700 as a start. I do have another fan/flywheel with 2 magnets so will substitute that if needed, and set the 'sensing divider' to 2. By the way I'm not planning to use a separate channel for Governor, just using Flight Modes / flat throttle curves and letting the FBL governor do its control as-per an ESC setup. Have I missed something here?

I'll be interested to find out how you progress. This is a 'new' (old but came to me un-started) Raptor 50 kit which I've nearly finished. I used to fly a Raptor50 years ago so it's interesting to see how the Spirit RS will work in 'flybar' mode. I have another question regarding the setup of "6 degree tuning" for the flybar head but will start a new thread..... :D

Cheers, Andy