It is currently Fri 19. Apr 2024 0:50:31

All times are UTC + 1 hour

Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
PostPosted: Thu 17. Sep 2020 6:08:25 

Hi guys,

I'm wanting to get set up with full ESC telemetry to my DX8g2. I've read everything I can find online about the wiring set up and now just want to confirm I'm on the right track.

I have a Hobbywing 130a V4 opto running the fan from the programming port. I've just purchased the telem uni cable along with a 300mm universal servo Y lead. I have a Drake 700 and it's about 400-450mm from the programming port on the ESC running inside the frame and up to my Spirit 2 at the back. I'm running the AR6610T rx along with a SPM4651T for my remote receiver.

My plan is to plug the servo Y connector into the programming port and then plug my fan in to the first female plug on Y lead. Then I will plug the telem uni cable into the second female plug on the Y cable (I will remove the middle red wire and pin on the telem uni cable) and run the cable up to my Spirit and plug the JST connector into the sat 1 port on my spirit 2 fbl.

1. Does this all sound correct?
2. Can I run both the fan and ESC telemetry off the programming port at the same time?
3. Is the distance of 400-450mm of cabling ok to run the telem uni cable at?

Regards,

Rob - NZ

PostPosted: Sat 19. Sep 2020 22:15:52 

primemover wrote:
2. Can I run both the fan and ESC telemetry off the programming port at the same time?

Regarding point 2:
This works. I have the HW Platinum 120A V4 and I do it this way. I have no problems with it.

Best regards

PostPosted: Mon 21. Sep 2020 16:02:24 

It's highly recommended to not use the fan. Because: "Helicopter is equipped with a cooling fan that is producing ultrasound frequency. Fans from HobbyWing ESCs are known for this. This has a great impact on the precision of Rescue and Stabilisation modes."
http://manual.spirit-system.com/index.php?title=Imprecise_Rescue

I have a 550X with an Align 100A ESC. I don't use the fan, and there is no problem. Sometimes I can get 200 amps out of it, and the FET temepereature goes to 100°C. It has to handle it without fan.