It is currently Thu 16. May 2024 23:47:59

All times are UTC + 1 hour

Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
PostPosted: Sat 25. Jul 2020 18:55:59 

I would like to verify the expected behavior for something I experienced this morning:

* Got to the field with my Goblin 570 and realized that I had turned off bailout during some previous tests and needed to re-assign it.
* No problem, opened up the Spirit menu in the DS-12 and assigned stabi to Chanel 8 and then set stabi to rescue acro.
* Verified rescue was enabled and flew a normal flight.

* I then changed the battery and immediately spooled up for the second flight.
* I noticed that the blade pitch was extremely high, and about 3 seconds into the flight as the Heli was rising into the air I realized I had absolutely no collective control
* At about 4m off the ground and realizing that I could not control the ascent i hit throttle hold and it fell back to the ground - thankfully with absolutely no damage (those plastic landing gear are a real life saver over the carbons!)

A quick diagnosis revealed that the rescue was locked permanently to “on”. I went back through the spirit menu and noticed the stabi function was now channel-unassigned but stabi was still set to rescue acro. Reassigning the stabi back to the correct bailout channel/button caused everything to work again as expected and I finished the flight without issues.

Changing the battery for the third time did the same thing - rescue was instantly locked to “on”.

So I went home and set bailout in the Mac app, and cycled a few more batteries noticing no strange changing or un-assignment of functions.

So my main question here is: shouldn’t the settings that were applied to the unit for the duration of each flight persisted through to the next flight after the battery change?

Is it possible to change a setting only to a temporary state so that the value gets lost when power is cycled?

Thanks!

PostPosted: Sun 26. Jul 2020 0:47:21 

You did make sure to save your settings after making a change?
I just set up a RS unit with a DS-12 including rescue mode and it worked as expected.
Flew 12 flights today without a problem.

I did notice some weird behavior but nothing like what you are describing and normally a reboot solved the issue...

PostPosted: Sun 26. Jul 2020 1:11:36 

Yep after the first time it happened, I suspected that I had not saved and paid extra close attention to saving the settings the second time. When the battery was swapped out the third time, one of the two settings I changed reverted back to its previous state.

That’s the really odd thing tho: out of two settings changed, only 1 failed to save each time

PostPosted: Sun 26. Jul 2020 2:16:37 

That is very weird indeed....I will be setting up my second unit tomorrow and will pay close attention.

PostPosted: Sun 26. Jul 2020 7:35:24 
Site Admin

Hello,

you have to always Save the settings.
Otherwise it will be not saved and after repower settings will be reverted.
The same apply also for integration.

The latest Spirit Settings allow autosave feature. So if you do not want to care about it this can help you.

PostPosted: Sun 26. Jul 2020 10:03:30 

rediary wrote:
...That’s the really odd thing tho: out of two settings changed, only 1 failed to save each time

are you using banks & did you modify/save all banks with the modification?

PostPosted: Sun 26. Jul 2020 17:58:05 

I now experienced this myself...very weird as I flew a lot yesterday and had no issues but this morning when I turned on my heli to work on a video the head (pitch) was unresponsive and only came back when I went into settings and turned off Rescue(Normal) on bank 0 - I did not set up other banks as it was what I was going to do today.

To be clear, I used the Wizard in Jeti to set up my new RS receiver/FBL and it worked great yesterday. Strange that something changed overnight or I moved some switch that is causing the weird behavior.

I am now going to set up all banks and try again to see how it goes.

PostPosted: Sun 26. Jul 2020 20:12:00 
Site Admin

This could be, because you have to close the integration menu properly. If you will not do so, banks are only switched through the integration menu. Changing assigned bank switch will do nothing.
So for example a rescue was engaged - pitch unresponsive.
There should be nothing unexpected - without good reason. I belive you will find reason why it happened.

PostPosted: Sun 26. Jul 2020 21:15:29 

HeliMLM wrote:
rediary wrote:
...That’s the really odd thing tho: out of two settings changed, only 1 failed to save each time

are you using banks & did you modify/save all banks with the modification?
No, i don’t like using banks, they’re not enabled on any of my machines.

Tomáš, just for clarification, could you detail out the correct way to close an integration menu opposed to the incorrect way? I’ll then see if I can replicate my problem or not trying a settings change.

Thanks!

PostPosted: Sun 26. Jul 2020 22:40:09 

I was messing around and then decided to change servo direction for rescue and now it works....or maybe it has to do with the integration menu as indicated by Tomas (sorry not sure how to get my iPad to display the characters needed to spell your name correctly)...I know I have just turned off the receiver/FBL while still in the integration menu as I was working on things for tuning yesterday.