It is currently Sat 27. Apr 2024 23:44:06

All times are UTC + 1 hour

Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
PostPosted: Sun 28. Jun 2020 22:07:23 

Hi,

I have a problem with a new Goblin 770 Sport not spinning-up properly after initialisation. I've posted the issue on Helifreak / Castle support and (once a moderator agrees to post it :roll: ) maybe I'll get some help. I don't like to scatter the same question across several forums but if there's anyone here using a Castle Edge 120HV ESC in a 700/800 class heli, and using 'Set RPM' governor mode successfully, I'd be grateful for assistance. Essentially, the heli starts to spool-up and then goes into a faltering on/off cycle, blades spinning but never getting to the required set-rpm speed (1500 in my case). On the bench with blades off, no problem, works every time, so it's a motor-loading issue.

At the field today for first-flights, on one occasion the 'faltering' caught properly and it reached rpm. After that for the hovering flight all 3 set rpms worked well, and there were no other ESC issues. It's just on start-up, so I'm not thinking it's an electrical 'current limiting' issue like bad joints, etc. I've been through the end-point setting procedure from a 'default' settings base 3 or 4 times now, and checked / adjusted many different ESC settings, like motor power on startup, etc., to no avail. It's probably something I'm missing, or it's a no-hope and perhaps I should go for the Spririt RS governor instead, and abandon the Castle governor.

Any thoughts or ideas, please?

Cheers, Andy
UK

PostPosted: Tue 30. Jun 2020 15:21:42 

I'm using the hobbywing gov as I just couldn't get the spirit gov set up correctly to allow bailout recovery. I'd need two separate switches: bailout and disarm. Seems silly; maybe it's just me ..

The way they require you to configue it just seems way over complex for what it's trying to achieve, messing with several different params in your radio and on the spirit.

Hobbywing esc has two setting: bailout time and spoolup speed, and it works perfectly.