It is currently Mon 13. May 2024 0:39:02

All times are UTC + 1 hour

Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
PostPosted: Sat 25. Jul 2020 17:08:53 

To be clear - I am not complaining - absolutely love the radio and since I was going to open it anyway none of the issues below are showstoppers.

I just received my DS-12 and was of course super excited to get going.

I created a model and then connected to the Spirit RS unit.

Issue 1:
Found that the device explorer still has older binaries so there is no pictures or wizard...not a big deal go and download and install.

Issue 2:

While running through the wizard I found I could not get the servos to operate in proper fashion. I reversed directions with the checkboxes, double checked my wiring - yes servos plugged in correctly etc....
Only after I while I thought I would start over - deleted model and started fresh but this time paying attention to the function assignments and this is when I found that the elevator and roll is reversed. Opened up the radio and sure enough someone could not read the label as X and Y was reversed.

Issue 3:

Three position switch SF operated SE if you look at input - so opened up the radio again and switch the ribbon cables.

Finally got the heli set up and will go fly this afternoon...

Last edited by yufasa on Sun 26. Jul 2020 22:57:22, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: Sun 26. Jul 2020 7:16:47 
Site Admin

Hi,

we are sorry for the troubles but these happened because your radio is special version unlike others. It was built and packed for US where we are not shipping yet normally. But as per our agreement we placed order in JETI to send it faster than the rest for US market so you do not have to wait that long.

Unfortunately for US market we have no Spirit firmware yet but will be available soon. So we will send it to you. Likely during next week.

So all these issues are normally non existant. Can you let me know how you have found that switches are swapped?

Test model is normal naming so there is some model created.

PostPosted: Sun 26. Jul 2020 9:45:48 

Sorry to hear you are facing trouble with your new DS-12... but much more important now as you have fixed it: how was your first flights? how does it feel for your compared to old Tx?

btw: ... in the meantime we have switched my wife's iX12 to DS-12 too... and she too is superhappy with it. "wow, much more precise on the sticks" was the first comment :)

PostPosted: Sun 26. Jul 2020 22:51:24 

Thanks Tomas, To be clear, I was not complaining. Probably should have put that at the top of the post(and did now). I was trying to point out some early issues that can be addressed before others get the radio in their hands.

I flew 12 heli flights and 6 with my AJ slick and was absolutely flawless! MyGraupner has pretty good Hall gimbals and this is right up there with it.

The surprise was the weight - this radio is super light...maybe too much so for my liking or more likely I just got used to a heavy radio.

I thought that those potentiometers on top front would interfere with pinching and it sure felt like it while testing on the bench but in the field I never even thought about it so I guess it did not interfere at all :)

That color screen is so incredibly easy to read in the sun, got to love it. My Graupner is a real pain to read even turned up to max brightness.