It is currently Sat 27. Apr 2024 13:00:06

All times are UTC + 1 hour

Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
PostPosted: Tue 31. Dec 2019 11:47:27 

I updated to 2.7.

First small issue is -- I can't start Spirit software without unit connected, so I can't enter "demo" mode. It just searches for units forever.

And the bigger issue -- Goblin 570, just setting up after some maintenance. And when I start the motor, and move the collective pitch, it is lowering motor RPM. See video:

https://youtu.be/dkDefsvte_E

I'm not using governor in spirit - it is disabled.
The ESC is HobbyWing 130 Platinum IV setup with "GovElf".
I thought - maybe loosing power, but I made BEC test and it's all fine. Succeeds to an end, and the voltage never goes below 7.7.
I also monitored the RxBt during this test over telemetry and it does not drop.

AS it comes to logs... it looks all fine, nothing there.
But at first after setup I had really weird log files - see attachement. But now it is OK and I can't reproduce that problem.

What could it be?

Attachments:
spirit-log-2019-12-31-112431.pdf [79.47 KiB]
Downloaded 51 times

PostPosted: Tue 31. Dec 2019 12:23:29 
Site Admin

Hello,

the easiest thing to check if this is really caused by a firmware/software you can do is to flash the old firmware.
What version was installed previously on your model?

I am afraid but it does not look like it is related with the firmware. I believe we will find the problem soon.

Can you check the flight log right now? Is there some event at the first line (for example Backup oscillator is used)?

PostPosted: Tue 31. Dec 2019 14:28:25 

Now the logs are all fine.

But this weird log I got prevously and which you see in PDF -- if I checked over OpenTX integration, then it was having all kind of errors on most lines -- Backup oscilator used, Low Power, Receiver Signal lost, main loop hang (or similar) and maybe one more. But I thought OpenTX was just getting invalid data and displayed something wrong, because in Spirit software I get what you see in PDF in these events -- "Data are not available".

But I'll try again and reflash back - it was 2.6.something..

PostPosted: Tue 31. Dec 2019 14:50:52 

So far I removed the swash plate to make sure no issue with it. But it's still same.

And the problem is when I use the collective. Using cyclics does not make problems.
Logs are good.

Next step is firmware downgrade -- but can I get older versions anywhere?

PostPosted: Tue 31. Dec 2019 16:22:36 

Ok, found 2.6.1 on my HDD and flashed to that. Same problem.... So it's not the firmware..

Any idea what this could be? It seems RPM drops to ~1400 sometimes, when using the collective.

PostPosted: Tue 31. Dec 2019 16:37:52 

Hmm, I might have found it.

I had HW telemetry cable disconnected from the ESC, because I was programming it. If I connect the telemetry, then it runs fine again. If I disconnect the telemetry, then I have the same problem again.

@Thomas - is this normal? I mean, it works now, but wondering if it is OK or there is an issue somewhere. And also, some cables, like between receiver and FBL I treat with utmost care. But the telemetry cable I just wire normally, knowing that it's not a critical connection, or is it?

PostPosted: Thu 02. Jan 2020 9:51:17 
Site Admin

Hello,

thank you for the update!
For sure this is not normal but also you should always turn telemetry off if unused.

To prevent this problem in future we are trying to resolve this in firmware. If you wish we can send you a firmware which might help even with telemetry turned on.

PostPosted: Fri 03. Jan 2020 9:35:21 

Hi Thomas. Yes, I would appreciate an update if this is a stable version I can fly with.

I know telemetry is better to be disabled when not used, but I'm just afraid of what happens if something goes wrong with the connection during flight.