It is currently Mon 20. May 2024 9:37:46

All times are UTC + 1 hour

Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
PostPosted: Tue 31. Dec 2019 17:34:40 

Hi,

I have been setting up and maidening my new micro Spirit on my OXY 2 - I have telemetry into my HW 25 V4 and integration into my OpentX QX 7.

I am adjusting a number of parameters including setting up the gearing in the HW Telemetry screen, I am always powering down and powering back up after swapping the PC cable for the Integration cable, and on a few occassions I have had a strange pump of the rudder servo on power-up. This has been a fast left / left / right about 4 or 5 times and the servo is left to one side. This has probably happened 3 or 4 times, each time I have powered off and back on and everything initialises normally and the helis flies fine (only hovering in the garden so far).

The micro Spirit is brand new (bought in December) and I have updated to the latest Firmware. I've read the manual and haven't found anything that explains this - please help.

Thanks,
Mike

PostPosted: Thu 02. Jan 2020 10:00:43 
Site Admin

Hi,

please try to connect a different servo there. For example from Cyclic - do not forget to set a correct servo parameters before.
No need to change servo physically, only rewire cable.

Then check if the behavior will happen again for the cyclic servo connected at the CH4 port.

In this way we will see if the issue is caused by tail servo itself of something else.

PostPosted: Thu 02. Jan 2020 15:13:30 

Thanks Tomas,

Unfortunately it doesn't do it every time, so hard to replicate - I will try this though.

I'm also going to check the log to see if there is anything strange in there and change the delay as the manual says

"For fast servos (~0.04s/60°) the value is around 5. In case of a brushless
servos it is recommended to set the value of 0 - 2. If the value is too high, the rudder could start to oscillate,
wag or it could cause too smooth rudder stopping."

I know that you probably wrote the manual :) but I am still on the standard value of 8, so I was going to try it at 4 - I am using a H3060 at 6V which is supposed to be 0.029 sec/60 deg @ 6V

Cheers,
Mike

PostPosted: Thu 02. Jan 2020 15:20:42 
Site Admin

You can set value 0 for Rudder Delay. Unfortunately it has no effect on the initialization. Difference can be noticed only during flight.

PostPosted: Thu 02. Jan 2020 15:56:40 

ZeXx86 wrote:
You can set value 0 for Rudder Delay. Unfortunately it has no effect on the initialization. Difference can be noticed only during flight.

OK thanks - I'll check the log next then