It is currently Fri 29. Mar 2024 9:30:33

All times are UTC + 1 hour

Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
PostPosted: Sun 24. Nov 2019 17:44:33 

Yesterday I updated all my units to the latest firmware and reset Geolink home point and geofence on the 2 geolinks I have
First flight today with my Trex 500X I first tested the new timing on rescue ( 4 seconds was way too long ) and checked the hover pitch after rescue
I then tested position hold followed by RTH
When RTH was activated the heli flew off in the opposite direction to the set home point and when released I had no control so think I must have still had position hold on
As the heli was now well outside my set Geofence I switched it on expecting the model to return into the set area but it still flew away from me
By this point my timer had run out , I got a signal loss alarm on my TX and the heli went down
3 hours later and many miles stumbling over wet muddy fields I still haven't found it

Would having position hold on overide RTH and Geofence causing them to fail to operate correctly

Having lost one model I didn't dare fly my Logo 600 in case the same thing happened

PostPosted: Sun 24. Nov 2019 18:57:16 
Site Admin

Hi,

that is very sad.
The cause could happen if you are using bank switching and you forgot to program the points for the rest 2 banks.

Please verify configuration in all banks (if used).

PostPosted: Sun 24. Nov 2019 19:41:16 

Hi Tomas,
I do use banks and did only set up bank 0 when I reset the geofence and home points but this was the only bank I used on the flight as I was just testing settings

PostPosted: Sun 24. Nov 2019 20:01:20 
Site Admin

I am afraid RTH is without a change, so if it did not worked then the same problem was present also with 2.6.4.

With GeoFence the operation is also same, although with a minor changes regarding limits.

Did you changed GeoLink compass calibration?
Please also verify Compass Heading Correction, because this could cause this behavior with a wrong value.

For example if after flashing the firmware settings was loaded from previously saved backup some the new parameters could be wrong.

PostPosted: Sun 24. Nov 2019 20:20:38 

I didn't change anything from previous settings apart from new 4 point geofence to align it to the field and reset home point further down the field
I can't verify any of the compass settings as I don't have the heli

I have had similar problems previously on both models with geolink but have managed to get them back before

On the positive side I now have an excuse to buy a new heli and Spirit 2 , but not Geolink as I can't trust it anymore