It is currently Thu 28. Mar 2024 16:46:46

All times are UTC + 1 hour

Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
PostPosted: Tue 17. Sep 2019 1:32:17 

Hi all,

Is anyone here running an MZ-32 transmitter with Spirit?

I’m running into difficulty getting pitch and throttle channels to work correctly. (Using a Graupner diversity receiver SUMD connection into spirit)

Coming out of the transmitter, Channel 1 is assigned as pitch and Channel 6 is throttle.
With the default channel settings In the spirit app, throttle is not detected.

I can re-map the throttle to channel 6, which gives me visual feedback that there is a connection back to the radio(bar slides up and down) ... but it still ends up reading from Channel 1 (pitch) from the transmitter.

So this causes problems when setting up the pitch and throttle curves in the transmitter - they are flipped when read into the spirit unit. I.e. a flat pitch curve actually gives me a flat throttle curve and vice versa.

I feel like this is a really simple problem that could probably be fixed with one or two parameter changes, but I’m not sure which ones.

Any help would be appreciated!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Tue 17. Sep 2019 18:38:45 

I use MZ-32 with SUMD on all my heli's
All my channels are Graupner default in the TX but without connecting a heli to the Spirit software I can't remember which channels are assigned to which in Spirit
Originally I tried remapping channels in the TX to match Spirit but this caused me all sorts of problems
I do run throttle directly off the RX though, not through Spirit so don't have throttle assigned in the software

In the channel mapping screen you just need to assign the correct TX channel to the Spirit function

PostPosted: Tue 17. Sep 2019 21:15:22 
Site Admin

Hello,

you just have to assign Channel 1 in the Spirit Settings.

PostPosted: Sat 21. Sep 2019 20:09:03 

For me this does not work at all. If I leave all transmitter settings unmodified and go to the spirit menu, I pick up no throttle/pitch channel movement at all with default spirit settings.

Then, (still in spirit app) if I reassign throttle from channel 1 and change it to channel 6 in the spirit settings... it picks up the _Pitch_ channel from my radio

So, I fiddled with it and it seems everything is working properly now... but it’s really counter intuitive:

1. I reversed the direction of the Throttle and pitch channels in the transmitter.

2. Also in the transmitter, I swapped the Original channel _output_ of Ch1=Pitch / Ch6=Throttle.
(So as it leaves the transmitter, Ch1=Throttle and Ch6=Pitch)

3. Now, finally this allows spirit to see them properly when (in the spirit app) the channels are again reversed and throttle is mapped to Ch6 and pitch is mapped to Ch1...

4. so basically there’s a double channel reversal going on which makes absolutely no sense to me. A reversal of a reversal should be identical to your starting point, but for me it definitely is not.

5. I’m thoroughly confused as to why this simple operation of channel assignment (which in the past has taken me all of 12 seconds to set up) is so difficult and has now occupied over two hours of my time in troubleshooting.

PostPosted: Sun 22. Sep 2019 20:43:12 
Site Admin

Hello,

to make sure, did you tried to assign Channel 1 for Throttle channel in the Spirit Settings and it was not working? Am I right.
Each manufacturer has its own channel numbering. So number has basically no meaning.

Spirit channel layout is Throttle for Channel 1 which should work for basically all protocols. It does not matter your radio is showing Throttle as other channel. This is just internal numbering of the manufacturer.

PostPosted: Mon 23. Sep 2019 3:08:12 

Hey Tomáš, yes you are correct, in the spirit app I have to set throttle to channel 6, otherwise nothing works

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk