It is currently Sat 20. Apr 2024 7:53:27

All times are UTC + 1 hour

Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
 Post subject: Pure paddle heli feeling
PostPosted: Wed 26. Feb 2020 19:59:25 

Hello,

I installed the Spirit in a paddle heli, in order to only use rescue and tail stabilization. During normal flight I want the "pure paddle feeling", without any influence coming from the Spirit (except for tail).

I didn't find the settings how to achieve this, the Spirit always corrects via the swash plate.

Is it possible to "deactivate" the Spirit, but still to use the rescue function?

Thanks

Regards
Airbo

PostPosted: Thu 27. Feb 2020 15:21:12 

Do you have any kind of horizontal stabilization activated ?

BR Eugen

PostPosted: Thu 27. Feb 2020 18:50:47 

That might be the crucial question: how can I completely deactivate horizontal stabilization (but keep the rescue function)?

I only found how to adjust sensitivity (which cannot be adjusted to zero).

Which setting deactivates horizontal stabilization?

Thanks for your help

PostPosted: Fri 28. Feb 2020 6:24:06 

This should be the correct setting.

Best, Eugen

Attachments:
Rescue Setting.jpg
Rescue Setting.jpg [ 95.64 KiB | Viewed 291 times ]

PostPosted: Fri 28. Feb 2020 11:00:57 
Site Admin

Hello,

with the current firmware certain portion of stabilisation is always enabled.

But you can change settings so it will fly more naturally. Settings Rotation Speed to 9-11, Flight Style to 8 and Cyclic Feed Forward to a higher values can do the trick.
But it will be always more stable than without unit.

PostPosted: Sat 29. Feb 2020 18:02:03 

Airbo, here is a thought. Maybe use the Banks feature to give you a near paddle-like set up for normal flight ( say Bank 0 ) and then set up Bank 1 with a more robotic and non-Paddle like set up for Rescue mode only. This way, if you need Rescue you are really letting the Spirit "shine" with its abilities to help save you.

For testing Bank 1 you might set Rescue on a separate channel than the Bank selection so that you can enter Bank 1 mode to see how it flies and then separately enable rescue to see how that behaves. Once you have that set up to your liking, you could use a Mix or something to enable both Bank 1 and Rescue when you touch your "rescue" button.

I fly an old Align 600 with paddles and Spirit. Parts are becoming harder to find on this older model, so I like having the Rescue mode available and it works when I have needed it.

PostPosted: Sat 29. Feb 2020 18:28:13 

Thank you all for your help !

That confirms what I suspected: that there is always some stabilization. And thank you for the settings to fly more natural.

Bladecrasher, I will try your proposal, it sounds really promising. Its hard to get spare parts for those vintage helis, thats exactly the reason why I rely on the rescue function.

Regards
Airbo

PS: I suppose that there are not very much paddle helis using the Spirit, but perhaps Spirit Systems could consider to completely deactivate stabilization for paddle helis in a future firmware

PostPosted: Sat 29. Feb 2020 21:56:30 

Having your FB on the bird makes folks think you are really old-school and such an amazing pilot.... Little do they know that electronics are helping your fly like you are young and grew up on Xbox...

I have never flown RATE on the tail but you can set up the Spirit for that. Along with adjustments suggested here you could get your paddle setup really near-vintage.

Good luck