It is currently Thu 28. Mar 2024 19:34:49

All times are UTC + 1 hour

Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
 Post subject: Re: Rescue question
PostPosted: Mon 29. Jul 2019 17:49:37 

This is measured on the floor with all blades on, 2400 RPM. Looks much different, but I'm not sure what is to be expected with blades.
I misunderstood and thought you want me to put all blades on. I can try measuring with only tail blades, but will the heli not spin, is it safe? Probably safer than what I did, but just want to make sure..

I used the "In flight" option for safety, I hope this is fine.

Attachments:
Capture.PNG
Capture.PNG [ 64.62 KiB | Viewed 188 times ]

PostPosted: Thu 05. Sep 2019 10:07:54 

Any help with this one? I replaced Spirit Pro with red Spirit in this heli (570) and was flying a lot since then. Rescue has issues, it is sometimes way off.

PostPosted: Thu 05. Sep 2019 10:41:33 

Hi,

Measure on the ground without blades. And a soft floor is better, such as a carpet.

I recommend to measure the ground without blades and you see.
Then in flight
This looks like unbalanced shoulder blades.

To compare my vibrations to the same heli

Attachments:
vibraceY.png
vibraceY.png [ 57.45 KiB | Viewed 169 times ]

XL V2 700, Devil 380, Spirit GTR, Spirit RS, Spirit 2, Sir Edmunt Race, Bublinky, DS 12 a NETOPÝR

PostPosted: Thu 05. Sep 2019 22:39:58 

Netopyr wrote:
Hi,

Measure on the ground without blades. And a soft floor is better, such as a carpet.

I recommend to measure the ground without blades and you see.
Then in flight
This looks like unbalanced shoulder blades.

To compare my vibrations to the same heli

I did measure without blades, it's earlier in the thread. It looked fine. There must be sth wrong with the heli, but not sure what. I have no idea how vibes with blades should look like..

PostPosted: Thu 05. Sep 2019 22:42:29 

One more info after today flying. It's not only the elevator. It actually can get wrong in AIL too. It happens in every flight, it sooner or later get confused and rescue is wrong bu up to 30 or 40 degrees.

PostPosted: Fri 06. Sep 2019 6:59:20 

azaz44 wrote:

I did measure without blades, it's earlier in the thread. It looked fine. There must be sth wrong with the heli, but not sure what. I have no idea how vibes with blades should look like..

Sorry my mistake.

If it is without blades, try removing parts such as grips, head, etc. Make a vibration measurement after each part removed. When the vibration disappears, the part is bad.

Without blades the vibration should not be higher than 30-40.

Finally, to the rescue, in the other thread, the vibration has a big effect on the rescue function, so in this case it's the vibration, apparently.

XL V2 700, Devil 380, Spirit GTR, Spirit RS, Spirit 2, Sir Edmunt Race, Bublinky, DS 12 a NETOPÝR

PostPosted: Fri 06. Sep 2019 10:36:27 

As you see earlier in this thread, vibrations without blades are below 15, so this looks very well...

I would appreciate answer from Thomas when he gets time to go through the forum, if the vibrations measured with blades are good, or bad. I have no idea what to expect there.

Post subject: RESCUE problem solved
PostPosted: Fri 06. Sep 2019 15:39:54 

No problem anymore. I used the rescue and Spirit sent my heli straight to the ground :(

Attachment:
20190906_145911_2.jpg
20190906_145911_2.jpg [ 692.69 KiB | Viewed 239 times ]

@Thomas I think there are serious issues with Spirit rescue recently. Maybe some software update ruined things. I say this because I also test this with another heli - freshly build Kraken. Heli flies great and seems to have no issue. But rescue easily gets 45 degrees off after some flying time. Not reliable at all as you see on the picture.

PostPosted: Sat 07. Sep 2019 19:42:06 

Sorry about the crash. On my Trex 550X with Spirit Pro and the latest update, rescue works, perfectly vertically upwards every time just like it did with the previous updates! So I don't think anything is wrong with the latest update. I have even tried to hit the 4 meters hard deck, which uses rescue, multiple times and the heli shot up vertically all those numerous times. Even at the end of my 6 minutes (per battery pack) flying time, rescue still works vertically upwards when I test it!? I can confirm this after landing with the blades stopped or at a very slow speed, the swash goes vertically up.

Your Kraken 700, if set up properly, should be smoother than my Trex 550X, I don't know about static though as my 550X uses a torque tube and not a belt. Rescue works perfectly on my 550x so should on your Kraken.

PostPosted: Mon 09. Sep 2019 14:39:48 
Site Admin

It is very sad you have had such crash. But please do not try the Rescue if you are not perfectly confident due to previous issues. The problem will be still there until resolved.

You can check the rescue operation in this way:
Quote:
The easiest test for checking the rescue is to fly the helicopter in very normal way (your style). Then, immediatelly after the flight while rotor is not spinning anymore, you can activate the bailout/stabilisation. If you can see that swashplate is in the horizontal position and helicopter too, then it should work correctly anytime during the flight as well. This is very safe method for checking the operation.

From the vibration plot I can only say the spike of the tail rotor is quite high. It shouldn't be more than half amplitude of the plot (50%) and 50% level in total.

I am afraid there is nothing different for several years in our rescue system. Do you remember any other changes on your model?
You can also try and compare older firmware anytime you wish. It should work exactly in the same way.

Please read this page:
http://manual.spirit-system.com/index.p ... ise_Rescue

Spirit Pro has better vibration resistance but with your red Spirit unit it must work well too. It can work perfectly also on nitro helicopters where vibrations are usually much greater. But sometimes also electric helicopters can produce very bad vibrations just from a bearings.

If everything will be fine according the page and nothing else will help the only thing we can do is to ship you other unit. If there were some crashes your unit might not work perfectly. If you have other units for comparison then it is good to try. But only safely according our instructions. In this way nothing wrong can happen.