It is currently Fri 29. Mar 2024 8:15:50

All times are UTC + 1 hour

Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
PostPosted: Sat 20. Jul 2019 5:29:08 

Hi,

first of, thank you very much for the new release. I updated the Software (Windows) and the Firmware on my Spirit Pro.

I am using all 3 Banks of the Spirit (0=Horizontal Stabilization, 1=No Stabilization, 2=Rescue). Before Version 2.6.2 I programmed the RTH Location using my transmitter in Bank 0 and it worked for Bank 1 and Bank 2 as well. I did this for every flight.

Now, when I read the instructions for 2.6.2, I understand that I need to set the RTH Location for every Bank individually. Does this mean, when I program the RTH Location before every flight I need to do:

1) switch to Bank 0 and set RTH Location
2) switch to Bank 1 and set RTH Location
3) switch to Bank 2 and set RTH Location

Is this the right way to set the RTH Location with 2.6.2 ?

Best Regards,
Eugen

Attachments:
2.6.2 Instructions.jpg
2.6.2 Instructions.jpg [ 272.46 KiB | Viewed 313 times ]

PostPosted: Sat 20. Jul 2019 10:59:20 

Good question.
In my opinion there should be a option to choose automatically set RTH Point and set manualy RTH Point.

When you fly on different airfields like me, its really dangerous when you have to set the RTH Point manually.
If you forgot it, you have a fly away. And now you have to do this for each bank? omg how stupid is this?

I would prefer the standard way from all the other systems, most of them automaticaly set RTH Point on power on.
Sometimes its better to keep it as simple as possible.

You can add the functionallity to set the point manually, too.
So both ways are possible, but standard should be automatically on power on, because the worst case is, that your RTH Point is to close to your preparation area (when you power up your system on a workbench at the airfield).
In the other way the worst case, is a fly away.
In my opinion the fly away ist much more dangerous.

PostPosted: Sat 20. Jul 2019 13:26:24 

enied wrote:
Hi,

first of, thank you very much for the new release. I updated the Software (Windows) and the Firmware on my Spirit Pro.

I am using all 3 Banks of the Spirit (0=Horizontal Stabilization, 1=No Stabilization, 2=Rescue). Before Version 2.6.2 I programmed the RTH Location using my transmitter in Bank 0 and it worked for Bank 1 and Bank 2 as well. I did this for every flight.

Now, when I read the instructions for 2.6.2, I understand that I need to set the RTH Location for every Bank individually. Does this mean, when I program the RTH Location before every flight I need to do:

1) switch to Bank 0 and set RTH Location
2) switch to Bank 1 and set RTH Location
3) switch to Bank 2 and set RTH Location

Is this the right way to set the RTH Location with 2.6.2 ?

Best Regards,
Eugen

Yes this is correct you have to set the RTH point in all 3 Banks. You do NOT need to program before every flight the home point is stored until to change it. You only need to do it after the update or if you want to change the home point. Its very easy to do with the radio I have RTH programming on a separate switch. Put the model at your home point. Select bank set home point repeat for other 2 banks, only takes seconds.

PostPosted: Sat 20. Jul 2019 13:59:14 

I have been very happy with the previous way to set RTH and I don´t get, how someone would need and use different RTH points for different banks. But it is what it is.

Maybe it would be a good idea to add a check-box to the user interface where everyone could decide if "set RTH Point" should set all 3 banks or only the active one with the new RTH point.

Best Regards,
Eugen

PostPosted: Sat 20. Jul 2019 18:57:13 

Currently I am using No Bank switching at all, just using Bank 0 and programming switches and levers to activate and deactivate.
I am using PWM and have Automatic RESCUE (Hard Deck) set on one channel and have Return to home (RTH) and Automatic landing set up on another channel. This worked great for me as I do not use Bank switching and find one bank enough for my needs and simplifies things. I am hoping this will still work this way on V2.6.2 just released. Thanks for the update with your testing success, sounds great! Appreciate you posting the results and congrats to Tomas and team for making this happen!
Dave

PostPosted: Sat 27. Jul 2019 8:55:38 
Site Admin

Hello,

yes, for one Bank nothing is different.

We will be releasing version 2.6.3 within next week which allows to use old way for programming the points but also has the new way. Pilot can choose whether to program for all banks or only current bank directly from radio.
When you are flying at a different flying fields you can use different RTH spots. Or to select how close it can return. For example just for saving the model you can choose something near the field. But for landing you can program RTH as lift off position.

PostPosted: Sat 27. Jul 2019 9:09:49 

Great, thank you !

PostPosted: Sat 27. Jul 2019 10:20:26 

Tomas, can I suggest that you put all the fine tuning stuff into an 'Advanced' Tab and leave just the basic Geolink settings, ( safe for beginners) in the main pages?? This is starting to look complicated for someone just coming to Spirit.....