It is currently Fri 19. Apr 2024 22:24:08

All times are UTC + 1 hour

Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
PostPosted: Fri 19. Jul 2019 10:49:09 

Hi,

I am using Spirit Pro and a JETI DS24 with a Diabolo 550.

QUESTION 1: I set both rudder gain and cyclic gain in the transmitter (under "Heli Tuning" | "Gyro Settings") and not in the UNIT (Spirit) itself. I use the Spirit function "P: Cyclic Gain". That is why because so I can use "Tuning" and set a little bit rudder and cyclic gain during flight (if wind changes). In other words: I do not set rudder and cyclic gain in "Device Explorer" (JETI Integration), but I set it in JETIs "Gyro Settings". My question: But in "Device Explorer" there is still a menu item called "Cyclic Gain" with 82% (!) and I can change this value. In my JETI there is a value of 55%. I am confused. Which value is the right one? Besides: There is no menu item "Rudder Gain" in "Device Explorer", only "Cyclic Gain".

QUESTION 2: I have problems with tail. It is oscillating from left to right, right to left, left to right etc. It is a slow oscillating. I would say in one second from middle to left and back to middle. Rudder gain is at 100%. Should I put ball link on the rudder servo arm closer to the center?

Kind regards

Chris

PostPosted: Fri 19. Jul 2019 13:06:49 
Site Admin

Hi,

1) values are different because Jeti is interpreting it differently. There are not same ranges so the value will be always different. I recommend to only check what you will see in the Spirit Settings / integration menu. This is important.

When you will enter the integration it will temporarily stop to use gain configured from Heli Tuning menu. When you will check the value it will show last configured Gain from Heli Tuning menu. You can still change it in the integration but once closed it will be rewritten by value from Heli Tuning again.
For example you can save the value to the unit at some point. Then unassign P: Cyclic Gain if you will end with the tuning later.

2) If tail is oscillating slowly it is mark of too tight mechanics in 99,9% cases. Making ball linkages smooth can solve the problem completely. Changing servo arm length to a shorter can help too. This depends on what Rudder End-points is configured right now. It is possible to find from the values if servo arm length is good.

PostPosted: Fri 19. Jul 2019 19:46:48 

Quote:
1) values are different because Jeti is interpreting it differently. There are not same ranges so the value will be always different. I recommend to only check what you will see in the Spirit Settings / integration menu. This is important.

When you will enter the integration it will temporarily stop to use gain configured from Heli Tuning menu. When you will check the value it will show last configured Gain from Heli Tuning menu. You can still change it in the integration but once closed it will be rewritten by value from Heli Tuning again.
For example you can save the value to the unit at some point. Then unassign P: Cyclic Gain if you will end with the tuning later.

Hello,

thanks very much for your reply.

I played with the settings two hours. In my opinion this is the real value:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/zt9z3swmn4v1003/cyclic_gain.jpg?dl=0

The value in the tab "Sensors" or in JETI "Device Explorer" has nothing to say. Am I right? (In "Heli Tuning" | "Gyro Settings" I have got the value -25% in order to get +50% as shown in the screenshot, really strange. But the value of Rudder Gain are the same in JETI "Heli Tuning" | "Gyro Settings" and in the UNIT?!)

Do you have an idea how I can set gains during flight when wind changes? And that this gain settings are deleted when I restart my transmitter? I think the only way is it to do it with "P: Cyclic gain" and setting Gyro Gain in the JETI and not in the Unit.