It is currently Thu 28. Mar 2024 15:43:08

All times are UTC + 1 hour

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 69 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next
  Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
PostPosted: Sat 08. Jun 2019 17:00:09 

Hi Guys,

I have Spirit and Spirit Pro on a Oxy 3 and Oxy 4 respectively using GeoLink V1.0.2 and have been having issues with the Altitude limit feature on both units. There is usually a 50/50 chance of it stopping the heli from hitting the ground and it doesn't matter weather the lower limit is set to 4 meters or 10 meters, it will blow right through the lower set limit about half of the time you go to try it. I have also noticed that if you say set the lower limit to 5 meters, it may trigger at 8 or 9 meters or it may trigger at 3 meters so it is not consistent in saving at the dialed in lower limit. The return home feature seems to work fine and these are the only two features I have tried so far.

The helis are both set up great and fly excellent and I have checked all the GeoLink settings and they set as per the manual along with the compass calibration which calibrated great as well. I'm hoping Tomas will see my post here and chime in, I'm sure I can't be the only one having these issues with the Altitude Limit feature.

Any help would be appreciated, because I'm not confident in using the feature as it works now. Maybe a future firmware upgrade will address this or any other issues other pilots maybe encountering.

Regards,
Kevin

PostPosted: Sat 08. Jun 2019 18:04:22 

Im experiencing similar issue with Altitude Limits it doesn't always work.
I also have several Geo Links with Limit set at 7m on all 3. However they all react
at different altitudes.

PostPosted: Sat 08. Jun 2019 19:18:10 

I have the same issue.
Set at 3m but randomly triggers anywhere from 5 - 10m and has got as low as me thinking "oh S**t" before it has activated on one occasion
It seems even more random when inverted

PostPosted: Sun 09. Jun 2019 0:18:58 

I am also on the same boat , I never know when the Heli will rescue it’s self when altitude limit is activated. Mine is set at 10 meters but is a 50/50 chance that it will save my Heli . When hitting the limit at a very slow speed it’s almost 100% chance it works but at speeds of around 30 km per hour it blows through the set limit. It’s not reliable at all to use . Hopefully there’s a fix for the erratic behaviour.

PostPosted: Sun 09. Jun 2019 2:32:40 

Same with me , I have been using Geo link since it came out with excellent experienced but after the V.1.0.2 , everything else worked great except altitude limit ( I only tried lower limit ) there is some thing wrong....hopefully will be fix by next update .

PostPosted: Sun 09. Jun 2019 21:42:46 

Well I not surprised to see that it wasn't just me having these issues with the altitude limit feature on the GeoLink unit and I am sure there has to be more than a handful of us out there experiencing the same problem. It seems when your descending slower it may work, but that's not always the case and sometimes goes for periods of not working at all however if your doing something that has you earth bound at a higher velocity it fails to work almost every time. This can be a scary situation for a newbie learning to fly and is relying on the altitude limit as a safety net that may have a big hole in it when he thinks its going to save him, but his heli takes a serious dirt knap.

I know that most products out there aren't 100% failsafe, but with most the frequency is kept to within a tolerable or acceptable range which gives consumers confidence in the use of such product of its intended purpose. I am hoping and quite confident that Tomas will be able rewrite some code in the firmware that will address this issue bringing more confidence in the intended use of this product.

If we sit quietly and don't voice the issues, they won't be addressed and solved if developer is unaware of them.

Regards,
Kevin

PostPosted: Mon 10. Jun 2019 5:16:09 

When you plug your geolink into the pc the go to the geolink tab. At the bottom you will see the current altitude. The accuracy of the altitude is dependent on the number of satellite that the geolink is able to lock to. Usually the longer you wait the more says that get locked. If you lock 12 satellites the accuracy is usually +/- 2.5meters.

The lower number of sats the lower the accuracy. So you might try sitting a little longer before taking off even after the blue light goes solid. This is what has worked for me.

PostPosted: Mon 10. Jun 2019 13:24:40 

xokia wrote:
When you plug your geolink into the pc the go to the geolink tab. At the bottom you will see the current altitude. The accuracy of the altitude is dependent on the number of satellite that the geolink is able to lock to. Usually the longer you wait the more says that get locked. If you lock 12 satellites the accuracy is usually +/- 2.5meters.

The lower number of sats the lower the accuracy. So you might try sitting a little longer before taking off even after the blue light goes solid. This is what has worked for me.

Yes I am familiar with the concept that more satellites will bring greater accuracy, and of course give the GeoLink a little extra time for acquisition of more satellites however you are missing the main point of the topic which is Altitude Limit not functioning at all most of the time. The accuracy of the feature is secondary to that when it does work. In other words the main concern is to have this feature work properly first and then get the accuracy within a more reasonable value.

In the info tab of the GeoLink menu I believe it is the "Precision:" value you are referring to which approximates the accuracy of the module, not the "Altitude:" value if I correctly understand the menu.

Regards,
Kevin

PostPosted: Mon 10. Jun 2019 13:41:20 

xokia wrote:

When I had it quit working IN FLIGHT i looked at the Geo Log after landing and did see 12 satellites during the entire flight.
I was even able to land with the function still turned on.

PostPosted: Mon 10. Jun 2019 18:40:31 

I thought that altitude limit works on barometric pressure and has nothing to do with the number of satellites connected to the unit

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 69 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next