It is currently Thu 28. Mar 2024 13:21:41

All times are UTC + 1 hour

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 69 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next
  Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
PostPosted: Mon 10. Jun 2019 22:29:02 

In my case everything’s else work flawlessly, return to home, altitude hold , position hold even auto landing were perfect and yes I had 12 satellites, it just the lower altitude limit was the problem . Don’t know why, I guess we have to wait for Tomas and his team .

PostPosted: Mon 10. Jun 2019 23:20:41 

andy6409 wrote:
I thought that altitude limit works on barometric pressure and has nothing to do with the number of satellites connected to the unit

I don't think that is entirely the case. When you load this in your PC you will see your altitude. You will see the number keeps changing as the number of sats increases. We can let Thomas reply but this is my speculation. For me I have noticed the longer I let it sit on the ground and acquire sats the more accurate the lower altitude limit is.

PostPosted: Tue 11. Jun 2019 5:14:33 

I'm having problems with mine as well I have it said that to meters when I activate hard deck above 2 meters it will shoot up in the air like I hit rescue

PostPosted: Tue 11. Jun 2019 5:33:47 

Hi,

I have set the lower limit to 6m to give the GeoLink a chance to react and I also experienced delayed rescues at the lower altitude limit. I set the parameter shown in the picture attached to 8, which is a great improvemet.

Best, Eugen

Attachments:
GL Parameter.png
GL Parameter.png [ 32.88 KiB | Viewed 252 times ]

PostPosted: Tue 11. Jun 2019 20:44:18 

I think in the original post by Genesis he was saying that the Hard deck does NOT work all the time. It will quit working all together during a flight, the precision is a secondary issue. It doesn't matter how precise it is if it stops working all together.

PostPosted: Wed 12. Jun 2019 2:39:00 

I agree with LogoX2 and Genesis that no matter where you set the limit it only works some of the time . It certainly is not fail safe .

PostPosted: Wed 12. Jun 2019 13:10:58 

I have the same experience as Genesis. Sometimes I think I could land with Geofence active, because I can go so low without it activating. At other times it activates but below or above my 3m setting, even when descending gently. I always wait for the blue light to be steady, but I also believed that the barometer is the main input for altitude limit. The side fences seem more consistent.

Last week I was at about 10m inverted when I made a pilot error, and crashed with Geolink active. My limit was set at 3m, but I would have expected it to activate well above 3m due to the velocity. Unfortunately I disconnected the battery at the crash, so I don't have a log.

I am increasing the lower limit for the time being, but now I am nervous of flying my bigger heli. I will definitely be flying with my finger on the manual Rescue switch.

PostPosted: Wed 12. Jun 2019 14:31:10 

Also have inconsistent reaction to altitude limit but mine is that is reacts and goes into rescue much higher than I have it set for.

PostPosted: Thu 13. Jun 2019 18:02:11 

I was hoping to see Tomas offer some information or possible solutions to the problems being experienced with GeoLink feature Altitude Limit in this thread, but haven't seen any posts answered by him in the last few days.

Does anyone know if Tomas has taken a vacation or is possibly busy with other issues or possibly working on solving the issues discussed in this thread. It seems all the other features are working well from posts I've read but this Altitude Limit not working, I would think is a big issue to a lot of pilots out there that would be using it.

Tomas if your out there among the threads please chime in and at the least let us know if your aware of this issue and if steps are being taken to address it and find a formidable solution.

Regards,
Kevin

PostPosted: Thu 13. Jun 2019 20:17:25 

Hi Guys ! Please Give Tomas some time , maybe they are working on it right now , for sure it needs to be test again and again before they can release the solution for us, maybe they are working on a update that will include the solution... base on Spirit history I feel very confident. We just have to be patience.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 69 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next