It is currently Fri 19. Apr 2024 8:40:29

All times are UTC + 1 hour

Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
PostPosted: Wed 19. Jun 2019 22:06:20 

As you say, Rescue is working in both cases, but with a pirouette in one, so some channel output to the Spirit must be different. Otherwise, the result would be the same. Can you monitor your transmitter outputs, other than on the Diagnostic tab.

PostPosted: Thu 20. Jun 2019 1:13:37 

The only difference is when I activate Rescue in the stabilization mode the negative value goes to the tx limit of -150. When Rescue is activated in Head-lock mode it goes from +60 to -40. This works the same as a setup I have in a Goblin 380 and rescue works flawlessly in both modes. I did find that in the channel assignment for my tx the gear channel (channel 5, same as gyro)had an assigned switch but that switch did not activate or change any channel output. Will take it out again tomorrow to see if that makes a difference.

PostPosted: Thu 20. Jun 2019 7:18:11 

When you activate rescue you have -150 in gyro gain channel? It is wrong. Absolute value is used as gyro gain, so when you activate rescue then you set 150 as gyro gain which is out of range. You should have same absolute value when you activate rescue. If you have free channel then use activating rescue by this channel (it is possible in special functions) not by negative value in gyro gain channel.

If you haven't free channel or you can't set mix that gyro gain channel only change sign when activate rescue not absolute value then at least use EAP to limit value on gyro gain to -90 (or whatever value you use for gyro gain)

PostPosted: Thu 20. Jun 2019 18:15:00 

So I went in and limited the overall travel to the gyro channel so the value does not go below -98. This still activates the rescue feature in the diagnostics tab no matter what my gyro value is as long as it stay above the -98 value. I will give it a try later today after the rain stops. Thanks!

PostPosted: Thu 20. Jun 2019 18:32:53 

Let know if it helps. But better is when you only change sign and value remains same. I was able to do it on Graupner using two free mixes.

PostPosted: Thu 20. Jun 2019 18:51:44 

How were the mixes set up? How do you have the Bank’s set up?

PostPosted: Thu 20. Jun 2019 19:24:35 

Graupner allows to mix channel to itself. So I used two identical mixes from channel 7 to 7 (gyro gain) with curve (linear) -100 x 100 to 100 x -100. Boths mixes where activated by momentary switch.

So when mixes where activated any value in gyro channel was inverted, rescue was activated and value of gyro gain wasn't changed.

I'm not using stabilization so I needn't change bank, but it'd of course possible

PostPosted: Thu 20. Jun 2019 21:05:35 

So the only way to get a good rescue in stabilization mode is to limit the absolute travel to -2 below the negative gain used for rescue. I’m lost now.

PostPosted: Thu 20. Jun 2019 22:12:50 

Tfmcnellis wrote:
So the only way to get a good rescue in stabilization mode is to limit the absolute travel to -2 below the negative gain used for rescue. I’m lost now.

I don't understand where is problem. There are several possibilities to have "good" rescue in stabilisation and normal mode.

1) if you use PWM connection and have only 6 channels:

In this case you have to set gyro gain in spirit not in transmitter. Go to channels assigment, unassign gyro channel and assign free (e.g. 5) channel for bank switching. Then you will use banks for switching between normal mode, stabi mode and rescue mode.

Eg.
bank 0 (normal): in sensor tab set "rudder gain" to positive value e.g. 80 (or whatever value you now using)
bank 1 (stabi): set "rudder gain" to -80 and in "stabi" page set function to "stabilisation"
bank 2 (rescue): set "rudder gain" to -80 and in "stabi" page set function to "rescue"

Now set transmitter that one 2 position switch "A" will send -100% and 0% to channel 5. This will switch between normal & stabi mode. And another momentary switch "B" that will send +100% to channel 5 when it's pressed (independent of position of switch "A")

2) if you use some kind of serial protocol (SUMD, S-BUS, ...) and you have 8+ free channels. This is best variant. You can set channels (tab "general", button "chanels") e.g.:
5 - bank switching
7 - gyro gain
8 - rescue activation (function "F: Stabi function")

bank 0 (normal + rescue): in "stabi" page set function to "rescue", gyro gain setting is disabled because you have assigned channel for "gyro gain"
bank 1 (stabi): in "stabi" page set function to "stabilisation"

Now in transmitter
- switch (better knob) to change gyro gain (channel 7 in our example) around your targeting value, e.g. from 60 to 90
- 2 position switch to change channel 5 between -100% (bank 0 - normal mode + rescue) and 0% (bank 1 - stabi mode)
- momentary switch for activation rescue: in inactive position it will send 0% to channel 8 (stabi/rescue function turned off). And in active position it will send 100% to channel 8 (activating stabi/resuce function) and also set channel 5 to -100% (this can be done e.g. by mix and EAP - it's better not to send value outside range -100% and 100%)

3) if you have only 7 channel (e.g. 7 channel recievier using PWM + Spirit Pro)
similar to variant 2 without channel 8. Switch for activation resuce will invert channel 7 (gyro gain) instead of setting channel 8 to 100%. But I'm affraid that this is not possible on all trasmitters (i've tried it on Hitec or Spektrum DX8 gen1 but without success). But if you send negative value of gyro gain which is not far (it's absolute value) from positive value than it will work too.

Check your settings in diagnostic page. Gyro have to show same percentage for normal / stabi / resuce only change label bellow gauge: "Head-lock" / "Head-lock + Stabi" / "Head-lock + Rescue".

PostPosted: Fri 21. Jun 2019 1:01:06 

Thanks for all the info and the time you took to write it. I am using a Spektrum IX12 12 channel radio. I trie what you wrote and I had no luck. I know I’m missing something stupid. Thanks, again.