It is currently Sun 12. May 2024 13:41:51

All times are UTC + 1 hour

Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
PostPosted: Tue 30. Jul 2019 12:34:16 

Hello I posted this in general but realised I should have posted it here

I have the spirit pro and very new to the interface and have set it up for sports flying with stab enabled

After test flying and few asjustments i have the Dominator trex 500 flying very nice so i am very pleased with the spirit pro

The problem/ issue i have is with the stabilisation when enabled hovering is fine works well but if i move into forward flight nose down and leave go of the cyclic stick the heli will stay nose down it will not return to center

this also happens in revers flight when i pull back cyclic tail down and let go of the stick it will stay tail down

The c of g is on the main shaft

hope someone can advise on this issue i have looked on this forum for simular issues but found nothing

I have attached a setup file

thanks in advance

Attachments:
dom spirit test file.4ds [255 Bytes]
Downloaded 43 times

PostPosted: Wed 31. Jul 2019 11:28:39 

Hello anyone here that can give me some advise :?:

PostPosted: Wed 31. Jul 2019 12:36:36 
Site Admin

Hello,

unfortunately the model will never stop completely, but Coaxial mode could work better for you.
How fast the model will return to the horizontal position is determined by Direction Control Rate value. You can try to set it to 0..

If you wish that the model will stop completely once sticks are released, you can use our GeoLink module. This will hold the model at the single spot.

PostPosted: Wed 31. Jul 2019 13:54:33 

Thank you for your response but I think you have misunderstood what I

(I completely understand that the model will not stop forward flight or reverse flight )

what I said was the model will not return to the level position after releasing the stick control

My direction control is set at level 2 and I don't want to lower it too much as I don't need coaxial levelling as I am flying scale but I would like to have it return to center

PostPosted: Wed 31. Jul 2019 14:06:07 
Site Admin

Setting it to 0 can help since with higher values there is higher possibility for changing helicopter inclination. With zero value it will not allow to change inclination basically at all.

PostPosted: Sat 10. Aug 2019 14:19:29 

I have now tried Direction Control Rate value 0 and yes it is Coaxial this also won't bring the helicopter back to neutral position from forward flight

Is this stabilisation just for hovering manuvers as it won't return the helicopter back to centre out of forward flight when I let go of the stick

PostPosted: Tue 13. Aug 2019 8:17:30 
Site Admin

Coaxial mode is used rather for learning basic maneuvers. Stabilisation modes are great for learning more advanced maneuvers. Stabilisation (Acro) can be used for learning 3D figures.

Only with Spirit GeoLink model will return always to horizontal position and will stop at the spot you will decide.