It is currently Thu 28. Mar 2024 9:44:27

All times are UTC + 1 hour

Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
PostPosted: Wed 22. May 2019 2:47:35 

Have a geolink on an oxy2 using a uSpirit. Have had 2 weird crashes since installing the geolink. Geolink is installed in the sat port. Sat is plugged into Sat port with spektrum adapter.

Couple things I noticed. Tried programming location dont get swash bump. I took it inside to plug the programmer in to see if I notice anything. Everything seems to recognize and the swash does the normal bump thing on programming. Take it back outside never unplugging it start to fly just hover. Heli tilts goes into the ground Throttle hold does not disable the motor. Obviously reception is lost.

Heli flew fine before adding Geolink. Few questions.
1. bad spektrum adapter?
2. bad geolink?
3. uSpirit cant handle geolink?

Receiver was previously plugged directly into the sat port.

PostPosted: Wed 22. May 2019 8:06:15 
Site Admin

Hello,

it is very sad. Does it mean you have only unplugged the cable and went to the flying field?
It is important to close the software before unplugging the cable otherwise the unit and GeoLink are in programming mode.

PostPosted: Wed 22. May 2019 17:42:51 

ZeXx86 wrote:
Hello,

it is very sad. Does it mean you have only unplugged the cable and went to the flying field?
It is important to close the software before unplugging the cable otherwise the unit and GeoLink are in programming mode.

No it was programmed. Programmed before flight power cycled and then taken outside. Repowered notice wasn't getting swash bump. Took it back inside plugged in programmer to see if I noticed anything not working right no setting was changed. All switches showed up as functioning. Software closed unplugged programmer took it back outside.

I think something is interfering with the RX operation. The way it was operating was if it had intermittent RX connection. Normal helicopter controls worked. Cyclic, tail, throttle. However the Geolink did not respond to any controls. I could not program the take off point. Once I lifted about 2 feet off the ground and just hovered it tilted and swayed then headed for the ground. TH was not functional.

I think either the spektrum adapter is faulty or the geolink was faulty. I have to rebuild the heli before I can test further. I will test with the spektrum adapter and no geolink. Then I will plug the geolink in.

Should the spektrum sat work with the spektrum adapter plugged into RUD port with the geolink disconnected from the SAT port?

PostPosted: Wed 22. May 2019 21:52:02 

maybe the little more current drawn from geolink
overload your esc bec ...

did you tried to make bec-test with spirit software ?

you find how here:
http://manual.spirit-system.com/index.p ... NOSTIC_TAB

PostPosted: Thu 23. May 2019 15:35:03 

urgno wrote:
maybe the little more current drawn from geolink
overload your esc bec ...

did you tried to make bec-test with spirit software ?

you find how here:
http://manual.spirit-system.com/index.p ... NOSTIC_TAB

Good suggestion I can retry that test. That doesn’t explain why the geolink was unresponsive to tx commands though before ever lifting off the ground.

PostPosted: Mon 27. May 2019 18:15:55 

Ok got the heli back together and here is what I was able to determine so far.

1. With no geolink and using a spektrum adapter and satellite plugged into RUD port heli operates 100% as expected.

2. With the geolink plugged in the geolink does not respond to commands.

3. I tried a second known working geolink and I got the same results. So I dont think the issue is the geolink.

4. with the programmer attached and connected the geolink responds to commands

I am starting to think the issue is the uSpirit. I uploaded some videos. The video shows me flicking the switch to program the return to home point. So you should see the swash bump when it programs. Let me know if you can think of any other debug steps.

https://youtu.be/AirSOeRFaFU

https://youtu.be/d1txXIznQm8

PostPosted: Fri 31. May 2019 3:19:02 

Any ideas? Would like to get this working

PostPosted: Fri 31. May 2019 17:17:02 

xokia wrote:

Hi Xokia, i have the same uspirit setup using a 230S and are having the same issue with my geolink it does not pick up geolink position and swashplate does not work. Its did in the 2 previous software version but i had major elecrostatic discharges...

I stopped troubleshouting last year with the snow falling and wheather being cold i did not tget the heli out to continue troubleshooting. Maybe you will find something.

PostPosted: Sat 01. Jun 2019 4:23:30 

Pking wrote:
xokia wrote:

Hi Xokia, i have the same uspirit setup using a 230S and are having the same issue with my geolink it does not pick up geolink position and swashplate does not work. Its did in the 2 previous software version but i had major elecrostatic discharges...

I stopped troubleshouting last year with the snow falling and wheather being cold i did not tget the heli out to continue troubleshooting. Maybe you will find something.

Good to know it would be nice to hear from the Spirit folks if they were able to duplicate the issue. I can wait for a FW update if it turns out to be the issue. I don't want to jump to conclusions though.

PostPosted: Thu 27. Jun 2019 16:49:49 

Any update from the Spirit folks? Or should we just stop using Geolink with uSpirit?