It is currently Tue 19. Mar 2024 11:23:49

All times are UTC + 1 hour

Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
 Post subject: Geolink setup
PostPosted: Tue 21. May 2019 19:22:00 

I'm still testing my Geolink trying to get everything dialed in and learning its behavior. I have a few questions / observations I was hoping to get clarification on.

- I did my compass calibration at home, at the field I noticed that it would circle around when position hold was activated. I also hit "return to home" twice, the first time it climbed rather high and then seemed to go near the homepoint. It was hard to tell because of the height but it almost seemed to come back too far, I shut it back off when it looked like it was coming back over my head. I activated it another time the same flight and it seemed to stay at the same altitude and go right to the home point. I'm not sure why the difference between the two instances.

- I recalibrated the GPS at the field and then set the heli facing north using a compass. I connected a PC to the unit and ran the software which showed it being off by about 7 degrees so I put that into the offset. Now when activating position hold it seemed to stay in place with no visible circling....I assume it's now done, anything else I should do?

- The last thing I was trying was to set stabilization mode (no rescue) with position and altitude all on one switch. The goal was to mimic a pause button. No need for bailout to add pitch and climb if when you flip the switch the heli stabilizes and holds its current position. It seemed to work ok, the heli stabilizes instantly but still drifts rather far before finally stopping and holding position. I was hoping the position and altitude hold would be as aggressive in stopping the heli as stabilize / bailout is. I only tested it in FWD Flight, the stabilize is instant but the heli probably travelled 50' before slowly stopping and holding position. Is that the best I can expect or can that somehow be turned up to match the aggressiveness of stabilization? For now I just separated the functions again and activated bailout on one switch and position hold (both position and alititude) on another.

Thanks for any advice you can share.

Last edited by supertoyz on Tue 21. May 2019 21:26:33, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject: Re: Geolink setup
PostPosted: Tue 21. May 2019 21:06:33 

similar issues here, so i am also interested in the answers.

PostPosted: Thu 23. May 2019 10:50:04 
Site Admin

Hello,

if model is hovering stable and there is no circling, then you have calibrated it properly.

Return to Home itself should not change altitude, only if Altitude Hold was engaged, then it will change the altitude.

When Position Hold is engaged the model should return more or less exactly at the spot where it was engaged.
With higher Horizontal Correction value it will perform more aggressive maneuvers.

PostPosted: Fri 24. May 2019 4:07:47 

ZeXx86 wrote:
Hello,

if model is hovering stable and there is no circling, then you have calibrated it properly.

Return to Home itself should not change altitude, only if Altitude Hold was engaged, then it will change the altitude.

When Position Hold is engaged the model should return more or less exactly at the spot where it was engaged.
With higher Horizontal Correction value it will perform more aggressive maneuvers.

It's working pretty well, I've only got about 4 flights on it but things seem ok. RTH is setup on it's own and isn't engaged with any other features. I'll have to use it some more to be certain but It often appears to climb before it heads home. I've seen it just go home and hover perfectly and I've seen it go from what appears to be 25' to 75' when engaged before returning home. Lastly the position and altitude hold, I have them both mapped to the same switch so they activate together. It used to circle the spot, then I calibrated to unit and added some offset to match a compass reading. The circling seems to have been corrected but I did notice a slight oscillation of altitude. It was probably only 1-2' but it seemed to drift vertically a little bit. Is that to be expected or can I tune it a little more?