It is currently Tue 19. Mar 2024 10:57:31

All times are UTC + 1 hour

Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
PostPosted: Mon 20. May 2019 22:40:23 

denis747 wrote:
I know people are different and some prefer rescue Acro.

I know about rescue Normal but that is not what I asked about. Rescue normal is not fast enough all the time. Rescue Acro mostly is. There is also an option to rescue acro add a delay and then go normal. I know about all of this but that is not what I asked.

Can you think of a reason you would want to rescue and shoot through the upper limit you set? I cant think of one. One would think that if you set an upper limit you would actually mean for your heli not to fly above that limit.

PostPosted: Tue 21. May 2019 3:21:24 

xokia wrote:
denis747 wrote:
I know people are different and some prefer rescue Acro.

I know about rescue Normal but that is not what I asked about. Rescue normal is not fast enough all the time. Rescue Acro mostly is. There is also an option to rescue acro add a delay and then go normal. I know about all of this but that is not what I asked.

Can you think of a reason you would want to rescue and shoot through the upper limit you set? I cant think of one. One would think that if you set an upper limit you would actually mean for your heli not to fly above that limit.
I get what you mean now, i.e. manually activating rescue when geolink is on and the max altitude is set.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Tue 21. May 2019 7:34:04 
Site Admin

xokia - this is the way how it should behave, but with Altitude Limit feature. Not with any other feature. You are configuring the limits just for this feature which is acting as an alternative (automatic) Rescue.

PostPosted: Tue 21. May 2019 23:32:17 

ZeXx86 wrote:
xokia - this is the way how it should behave, but with Altitude Limit feature. Not with any other feature. You are configuring the limits just for this feature which is acting as an alternative (automatic) Rescue.

Confused.....how is it an alternate rescue?

If you set altitude limit for say 100m as an example.
click acro rescue at 20m

What condition are we rescuing from when we blow past 100m?

I get that this is how you have it coded. I was just trying to understand the reason it was chosen to be done that way. I can't manually fly above 100m. Why would I want it to fly above 100m when acro rescue is activated? Maybe some SW limitation?

I don't want to keep going in circles. You guys have it coded that way its fine dully noted. I will keep it in mind.

PostPosted: Thu 23. May 2019 10:40:19 
Site Admin

Hmm, now I am confused too :D

It is very, very simple. If you want to use any of Altitude Limits, then engage Altitude Limit feature. Not Rescue (Acro) or Rescue (Normal).

It will not fly to 100 meters. Actually you can fly without any limitation until you will reach 100 meters or any other value you will configure. For example 250 meters. Helicopter is rescued only under configured Minimum limit, above this limit you can fly normally.

PostPosted: Thu 23. May 2019 15:41:35 

ZeXx86 wrote:
Hmm, now I am confused too :D

It is very, very simple. If you want to use any of Altitude Limits, then engage Altitude Limit feature. Not Rescue (Acro) or Rescue (Normal).

It will not fly to 100 meters. Actually you can fly without any limitation until you will reach 100 meters or any other value you will configure. For example 250 meters. Helicopter is rescued only under configured Minimum limit, above this limit you can fly normally.

Understand fully how the altitude rescue works. I don’t like to rely on the automated system. I use the altitude limit as a secondary back up (maybe this is what you were referring to). I use acro rescue 90% of the time if I’m not quick enough on acro rescue hopefully altitude rescue will kick in. I set the altitude rescue fairly low 2m so it’s not always reliable.

Also acro rescue is mapped to the same spot TH would be. This is such that I don’t loose muscle memory. I have some helis that don’t have rescue of any kind. I don’t want to lose the TH muscle memory.

Mostly what I have been doing is just testing. Trying to find what works well and what doesn’t so I can set it up to what best suites my needs. I don’t like to depend on the automated systems I think it can make you a bad pilot.