It is currently Thu 28. Mar 2024 14:24:41

All times are UTC + 1 hour

Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
PostPosted: Sat 27. Apr 2019 5:04:22 

I have a uSpirit installed on my Oxy 2. Hobbywing 25 Esc. 4696T telemetry receiver.

I have the 4696T plugged directly into RUD port no adapters. I have the uni cable going from the hobbywing to the SAT port. As an RX everything works but I get no telemetry data. I suspect I need to run the data pin from the 4696T over to the Ail bidirectional data pin?

PostPosted: Sat 27. Apr 2019 14:16:07 
Site Admin

Yes, you are right. The connection must be as per manual to get the telemetry and integration.

PostPosted: Mon 29. Apr 2019 18:09:47 

Dont care about integration. But maybe on a future product release think about adding the bi-directional data pins to some of the other plugs. Maybe mux that connection together......i.e. assign the bidirectional Ail pin to the data pin of RUD. Or just make some of the other pins also bi-directional. The RUD port being bidirectional would be helpful.

To make this work on a uSpirit you have to chop up wires and combine wires. It's a PITA. just a thought. I know there are always tradeoffs when you folks are designing stuff and its easier said then done.

PostPosted: Tue 30. Apr 2019 7:32:54 
Site Admin

We are designing hardware for many years. But thank you for your support.
Each pin has range of features, with other combination it would loose other functionality.

The only thing you need is the Jeti integration cable for uSpirit - available from our eshop.

PostPosted: Wed 01. May 2019 17:42:07 

ZeXx86 wrote:
The only thing you need is the Jeti integration cable for uSpirit - available from our eshop.

Not sure how the jeti integration cable helps me on the uSpirit. Unless you are thinking you are going to use a big ball of adapters and try to cram all of that in a 200 sized heli. Would be much simpler if some of the other connectors were multi-use.

I wasn't trying to insinuate you guys didn't know what you were doing. You built a decent product and I'm fairly impressed you were able to do it at this price point. It was only intended as a suggestion that would make things easier for the end user.

PostPosted: Fri 03. May 2019 12:09:56 
Site Admin

Thank you, any suggestion is always appreciated.

The other issue is that we would like to have full compatibility with all our units so that each pilot can use all the features even with the oldest units.
But of course making things easier is also our intention. So our new product line will likely be as simple as possible.