It is currently Tue 16. Apr 2024 22:30:52

All times are UTC + 1 hour

Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
PostPosted: Wed 10. Apr 2019 17:15:22 

Hi I have my system including geolink installed and I'm setting it up. I am confused about how the stabi function works with the banks. I've set up a dedicated channel for the stabi function and a three way switch for the banks. However I'm not sure what the spirit does if stabi is off. So a few questions to the more experienced before first flight.

1. Are the banks still working, or do they only work when stabi is on?
2. What is the default mode for the spirit if stabi is off? Is it still stabilized at all or are you totally on you own then.
3. The Spirit only seems to manage pitch and not throttle, does it assume the pilot will control throttle or should I just leave it on idle up for all flights ( I tend to use both throttle and + pitch only as I'm new to helis). Should I get out of that habit?

I am also using the wifi connection via my iPad to set up, because it's useful in the field where I won't have a desktop. However the manual is different to the screens I get. More questions.

1. How do I set geolink home? There is no map on any screen I can see but the manual says set it on the map.
2. Is the feature set the same when using wifi config instead of UBS? If so how do I get the map?

thanks Paul.

PostPosted: Thu 11. Apr 2019 13:00:05 

And an additional question. When using the spirit only and rescue mode, the only thing that moves is the pitch (up). However when the geolink is connected the swash plate moves as well, normally hard tilting backwards, but sometimes left or right. That's going to result in a bad crash as far as I can see but I have no idea why it is doing it.

PostPosted: Fri 12. Apr 2019 0:09:48 

You can set your home point with the radio carry the model to the point you want RTH to be then follow the instructions below.
6.2 Modes

If Return to Home is engaged by assigned GeoLink channel there is possibility to use tri-state switch also for programming of a new Home spot. In the Channels window you will be able to see Function as On (1), Off and On (2) which is corresponding to 100%, 0% and -100% channel value.

When On (1) is displayed it mean that at this point Return to Home is engaged and model will move at the Home spot.

When On (2) is displayed the unit is in a programming mode which allow to overwrite current Home spot to the new with position at which the model currently is. Please note that it will not work if model is flying or if GNSS signal is very weak.

6.3 New Home position

It is possible to program the Home position either with the Spirit Settings by selecting a point at the Map. Or there is possibility to use GeoLink channel to do so even if you are out of a computer.

If assigned GeoLink channel is used you have to set On (2) function state and keep it on for at least 2 seconds. At this period Status LED of the Spirit unit will turn off and after 2 seconds new Home position is programmed. Once finished the LED must turn On again.

When you activate RTH the swash tilts because its trying to return to the home point.
You can test this by setting a home point then move the model 20 feet away and activate RTH and watch the swash tilt toward the home point.

PostPosted: Fri 12. Apr 2019 9:47:42 

Thanks I read that but see my first questions. I can't set it on the map becasue I can't see the map, and I don't have a spare switch. I thought I'd turned return to home off altogether, so I just want rescue and position hold. That should not need to know the home position. Does the Geolink REQUIRE home to be set before it with work in other modes? In Geolink aid the manual says turn features on that you want. I don't have return to home turned on.
Paul.

PostPosted: Fri 12. Apr 2019 10:53:32 

pdh wrote:
Thanks I read that but see my first questions. I can't set it on the map becasue I can't see the map, and I don't have a spare switch. I thought I'd turned return to home off altogether, so I just want rescue and position hold. That should not need to know the home position. Does the Geolink REQUIRE home to be set before it with work in other modes? In Geolink aid the manual says turn features on that you want. I don't have return to home turned on.
Paul.

No Geo Link does not need home position to use Position Hold only for RTH.
Do you want Rescue and Position Hold at the same time ?
As for the Map not sure about the Wifi link try it with the USB cable.

PostPosted: Fri 12. Apr 2019 13:21:17 

Thanks. There must be something going on with the RTH then because I thought it was off. However I checked again and whenever I switch stabi on, in any bank, the swash plate moves in the same compass direction, regardless of model heading. It must be trying to get back to the Czech Republic, as it's never been set.

PostPosted: Fri 12. Apr 2019 17:34:41 

pdh wrote:
Thanks. There must be something going on with the RTH then because I thought it was off. However I checked again and whenever I switch stabi on, in any bank, the swash plate moves in the same compass direction, regardless of model heading. It must be trying to get back to the Czech Republic, as it's never been set.

Verify in the GEO link AID tab that when you active Stabi RTH is NOT activated.
Verify the RTH box is unchecked.