It is currently Fri 29. Mar 2024 13:06:38

All times are UTC + 1 hour

Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
 Post subject: Hobbywing and telemetry
PostPosted: Thu 04. Apr 2019 6:54:04 

Since I couldn't get CC esc to display correct RPM data I picked up a hobbywing v4 40a esc. Also purchased the uni cable. The uni cable plugs into the primary sat port. I have GPS module plugged into the secondary sat port. Where do I plug in the sat?

Do I need to buy a y-adapter?

PostPosted: Thu 04. Apr 2019 7:42:59 
Site Admin

If both ports are used then you have to get Spektrum Adapter V2, this will be plugged in the RUD port. Y-cable can't be used at the Satellite ports.

PostPosted: Thu 04. Apr 2019 17:59:18 

ZeXx86 wrote:
If both ports are used then you have to get Spektrum Adapter V2, this will be plugged in the RUD port. Y-cable can't be used at the Satellite ports.

How does that work? A wire from the 4649T is plugged into the RUD port. Also where would I plug the RPM wire from the hobbywing into so that governor works?

Do you have a wiring diagram of how all of this is supposed to work?

PostPosted: Thu 04. Apr 2019 18:24:59 

xokia wrote:
ZeXx86 wrote:

How does that work? A wire from the 4649T is plugged into the RUD port. Also where would I plug the RPM wire from the hobbywing into so that governor works?

Do you have a wiring diagram of how all of this is supposed to work?

Yes read the manual

PostPosted: Thu 04. Apr 2019 18:29:29 
Site Admin

For SPM4649T you can use other free port instead of the RUD port, because it is used just for powering the receiver. Usage of Y-cable is possible or you could also use SPM4649T itself to connect the Spektrum Adapter there.
You have to just use other socket of the receiver and modify the receiver' cable to be like the Jeti integration cable. Needle and another free servo connector is enough for this.

For Governor you will also have to use needle to modify the connector, because two different things occupying the port. But SPM4649T receiver will use the AIL pin while Governor.

PostPosted: Thu 04. Apr 2019 21:29:34 

ZeXx86 wrote:
For SPM4649T you can use other free port instead of the RUD port, because it is used just for powering the receiver. Usage of Y-cable is possible or you could also use SPM4649T itself to connect the Spektrum Adapter there.

How do you plug the spektrum adapter into the 4649T?

ZeXx86 wrote:
For SPM4649T you can use other free port instead of the RUD port, because it is used just for powering the receiver.
Think I follow you on this, power is pulled from any free port. Data pin uses Ail pin. Why does the 4649T use the data pin of the AIL port why not the RUD port? I am assuming there is something special about those ELE/PIT/AIL pins. Are they all data pins?

So I connect the Spektrum adapter to the RUD port and connect my extra satellite there. Move the 4649T power pins to another empty port to pull power.

ZeXx86 wrote:
For Governor you will also have to use needle to modify the connector, because two different things occupying the port. But SPM4649T receiver will use the AIL pin while Governor.
Can I plug the RPM wire into the PIT pin on the Spirit pro?

PostPosted: Thu 04. Apr 2019 23:30:47 

xokia wrote:
ZeXx86 wrote:

ZeXx86 wrote:
For SPM4649T you can use other free port instead of the RUD port, because it is used just for powering the receiver.
Think I follow you on this, power is pulled from any free port. Data pin uses Ail pin. Why does the 4649T use the data pin of the AIL port why not the RUD port? I am assuming there is something special about those ELE/PIT/AIL pins. Are they all data pins?

So I connect the Spektrum adapter to the RUD port and connect my extra satellite there. Move the 4649T power pins to another empty port to pull power.

ZeXx86 wrote:

If you would read the manual you will find all the answers to your questions !!!

PostPosted: Fri 05. Apr 2019 5:44:27 

lostmyheli wrote:
If you would read the manual you will find all the answers to your questions !!!

Find another thread to annoy someone in.

PostPosted: Fri 05. Apr 2019 9:57:09 

lostmyheli wrote:
xokia wrote:
ZeXx86 wrote:

ZeXx86 wrote:

ZeXx86 wrote:

Spirit has gone to great lengths to write a very complete manual. Here are 3 links that could have answered your questions.

http://manual.spirit-system.com/index.p ... ntegration
http://manual.spirit-system.com/index.p ... RPM_output
http://manual.spirit-system.com/index.p ... _Telemetry

PostPosted: Fri 05. Apr 2019 13:30:20 
Site Admin

Yes, you are right. AIL pin can be used for bi-directional communication, for this reason it is used with the receiver.
Spektrum Satellite can only send data so the RUD port can be used.

There are few options how to connect it all together. The only thing you have to do is to connect each thing step by step, not all together.
If you are proceeding step by step, then our guides will explain how to connect everything in the end.