It is currently Fri 29. Mar 2024 10:58:09

All times are UTC + 1 hour

Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
PostPosted: Sat 23. Mar 2019 11:59:53 

Hi everyone, next week I get an new Oxy3 tareq edition, and I want to mount on it a Spirit Pro, already in my possession. I already bought a new rx spm4649t. The question is, on this size of heli, okay mount just one rx as in my case?
Thanks

PostPosted: Sat 23. Mar 2019 16:14:14 

You should be fine. I run just the 4649T on an Oxy 4 with no problem.

PostPosted: Sat 23. Mar 2019 18:18:27 

Hi LogoX2 thanks for your reply. As I have friends who are having problems on Spektrum radios with their Heli / rc Trex 600s, I don't want to change radio and Brand, I have a dx8 gen2 with two years of life, but it's like new, and I understand that Spektrum is more a generic brand that covers various sectors of dynamic modeling, planes, boats, cars, but in the end it specializes in nothing. I honestly had problems with Spektrum in the past, so now I am a moment perplexed and the least problem I change brand. and still I have not even decided which. according to you, Spektrum is reliable with its receivers on the heli rc?also because before changing Brand, I want to understand if it suits me, and which Brand also, because there is a lot of choice around, graupner, Mikado Vbar etc, I would not go to Frsky that I don't like his philosophy Open tx, I already had it that radio on drones and I didn't find myself as good as software.
Thanks

PostPosted: Sun 24. Mar 2019 22:31:51 

Hi Pino,
I'm flying an OXY3 with a 4649T receiver without any trouble.

The Spirit FBL is upside down under the tail boom clamp and on top is the 4649T.
I use also the Y-shaped OXY antenna holder on the tail boom to keep the antennas perfectly oriented.

I have Spektrum radios in use for years and only faced the normal little hickups you see on every eletronic/computer device.
When you are used to the simple and easy programming of a Spektrum tx, you will be in deep trouble with any other system.
I once tried Futaba ............ :shock:

PostPosted: Mon 25. Mar 2019 3:51:58 

I recently converted an old 450 to Spirit and I used the spm4649T. That should be fine on a small model. It has two antennas so just make sure they have good exposure and are at 90 degrees. I have had a DX18 for five years and no problems I can attribute to the brand. I think most problem most people have are something they did and not the brand. I am in a large club and most people use Spektrum of one model or another. Also, you will find people using "Spektrum compatible" RX's like Orange and Lemon so there can be problems there. I tested some Lemon RX's and had problems.

I also have a Graupner MZ-24 Pro. It is a nice radio for the money and Graupner has some nice RX's but at least the MZ-24 programming is far behind Spektrum in terms of things like Mix and switch assignment. That doesn't matter much for helicopters but the differences are in the details.

Getting back to your Oxy3, if you don't mind a larger RX and want to add Sats, you can get an AR8010T which comes with a Sat. You would connect to Spirit via the SRXL port. That costs about the same as the 4649T plus a Sat and doesn't use up any Sat ports on the Spirit. The only thing you give up is TX integration which I don't like that much anyway. Spirit did a great job getting that to work but the Spektrum UI is pretty clunky.

PostPosted: Mon 25. Mar 2019 19:43:50 

Thanks

Many Thanks!!!!

I will listen to your advice!!!