It is currently Fri 29. Mar 2024 0:29:21

All times are UTC + 1 hour

Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
PostPosted: Mon 18. Mar 2019 8:24:52 

I have both position hold and altitude hold on the same channel and 3 position switch.

I’m not sure I even understand altitude hold which allows the collective to still change altitude. What is the point of that. If collective can still change altitude then it’s not really holding altitude. I must be using it wrong this mode doesn’t make sense to me.

The mode that does make sense is fixed pitch altitude hold. The only problem is I want to also do position hold. I want to just park the heli in the sky. Which would allow me to mess with the transmitter without watching the heli. The problem I am running into since I use the same channel to activate both is when it’s on fixed pitch altitude hold it deactivates position hold. Any way to fix?

PostPosted: Mon 18. Mar 2019 8:41:23 
Site Admin

Hello,

the Altitude Hold mode with variable collective pitch is working in the same way as fixed pitch, except you can change the altitude. So if you are not moving with the collective pitch it will hold this position.
So the only thing you have to do is to not move with the collective pitch if you dont want to change the altitude.

Maybe you could unassign Gyro Gain to get another free channel, this one can be reversed from the other that is used for Position Hold, but assigned to the same switch.

PostPosted: Thu 04. Apr 2019 7:44:08 

Hello, if position hold is engaged by STABI, is it then in fixed pitch mode or variable collective pitch mode?

PostPosted: Thu 04. Apr 2019 7:47:21 
Site Admin

It is in the variable collective pitch mode.