It is currently Wed 05. Jun 2024 17:12:47

All times are UTC + 1 hour

Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
PostPosted: Tue 04. Nov 2014 3:20:44 

I finally got around to putting the latest firmware on my Spirit and am trying to figure out the best way to setup Bank switching on my Goblin 570. Can one of you experts out there answer this for me:

I am using a Spektrum DX8 with a Spektrum AR8000 PWM receiver connected to the Spirit. When I went into the configuration program and try to assign Bank to channel 7 it will not let me. Should I be able to use channel 7 when using an 8 channel PWM receiver along with the Spirit?

Thanks!

PostPosted: Tue 04. Nov 2014 17:06:49 
Site Admin

Hi,

unfortunately for PWM you can use only 6 channels. But you can still use Banks.
Simply you have to unassign Gyro gain function, so gyro gain will be configured through the software and then you can assign Banks funtion to Channel 5 and change banks with the gyro gain.
So you can use all features including rescue, stabilisation and banks too.

PostPosted: Tue 04. Nov 2014 21:36:39 

ZeXx86 wrote:
Hi,

Simply you have to unassign Gyro gain function, so gyro gain will be configured through the software and then you can assign Banks funtion to Channel 5 and change banks with the gyro gain.

Thanks for the answer Tomas. I'm going to move forward using channel 5 for bank switching and am attempting to do the following:

Bank 0: Normal flight
Bank 1: Bailout
Bank 2: Self-level

I will have Bank 0 and Bank 1 be switchable on my 2 position momentary switch (trainer) and then Bank 2 I will assign to one of my D/R switches. I hope to be able to set up a mix so that when I hit my Bank 1 switch (bailout) it will over-ride Bank 2 (self-level) even if Bank 2 is currently active.

The only reason I want to get both Bailout and Self-level available at the same time is that I've seen guys use self-level to save their heli's when they've lost tail control and gone into a death-piro. Seems like it's worth trying. Plus this is the ONLY advantage I see with the BD-3SX because they support both at the same time, so I want to feel even BETTER about switching all my heli's over to the Spirit... :D

PostPosted: Sat 22. Nov 2014 5:08:02 

I am also using a PWM receiver and decided to try out Banks, but came up with a question.

First I didn't have banks assigned and was using ch 5 for the gyro gain. I programmed my momentary switch for bailout and no problems there.

Now I unassigned ch5 from the gyro and reassigned it to banks. In the diagnostics I can see I can switch from Bank 0 to Bank 1 using a two position switch. So far so good.

What I want to do is the following. Flying in Bank 0 (assigned with rescue normal) I want to be able to to bailout by using the momentary switch. However, if I press my two way switch it would switch to Bank 1 which has Stabilisation programmed. The problem is I don't see any way to programme this, since I don't have access to the Gyro gain anymore, so I cannot make it go negative to turn on bailout in Bank 0 or stabilization in bank 1. What am I missing?

Or when you are using banks whatever function is programmed it is always on?

Cheers

PostPosted: Sat 22. Nov 2014 8:34:08 

Well, I've figured it out, I suppose. I just set the Gyro to neg on both Banks and so default is Stabilisation and if I press the momentary switch it goes to Bank 1 or bailout. First flight was very nice.

Is there any problems in taking off and landing with stabilisation ON? I know on NAZA H which I use on my scale helis it is advised to take off with the stabilisation (Attitute or GPS) OFF.

PostPosted: Wed 03. Dec 2014 20:41:42 

ZeXx86 wrote:
Hi,

But with 6 channels you have only the option to assigne eg. a 3 position switch to select between e.g. rescue, stabilisation and a bank.I come from HC/BD3SX and my experience is that rescue acro does only make sense with assigning this function to a momentary switch (trainer) next to your indexfinger (I have even modified my spectrum dx 8 accordingly) as you often really have to react very fast in 3d flying (I recommend even to train using rescue from timt to time).But if you assign a momentary switch to channel 5 you are not able to use banks e.g for different flight modes anymore which is a pity.Is this correct or do I oversee annother option for using momentary switch for rescue and bank switching for e.g 2 different flight modes whith a pwm receiver?
thx

PostPosted: Wed 03. Dec 2014 20:54:42 
Site Admin

Hi,

you can still use rescue acro and next 2 banks.
It can be easy to program your TX for this behavior with momentary switch + next switch for bank switching.

You can program your TX in the way that switch can change banks normally (2 position switch can be used) and you can overwrite the value of same channel with momentary switch or modify it.

It depends only on your transmitter.
But in the worst case, you can use Spektrum satellites that provides you all channels directly.

PostPosted: Sun 07. Dec 2014 18:20:34 

Hi Thomas,

first of all thx for your hint. Unfortunately Spektrum dx8 is not very flexible in programming but with mixing I have found a way to realise it. Due to bad wether in AT today I had the first chance to test my first spirit unit - and IMPRESSED how smooth it alreay flies and feels with the pre settings- After my first flight I did just 3 or 4 tuninings for cyclic speed, rudder speed, CFF...) and I felt that comfortable after that with the system that I already flew my complete 3d programm with the second lipo. Concratulations - Really great job Thomas. I was also able to tune HC3sx to meet my expectations but not that fast.

PostPosted: Mon 08. Dec 2014 18:11:31 
Site Admin

Hi Rainer,

thank you very much!

PostPosted: Mon 08. Dec 2014 19:46:25 

Hi Rainer
I have the same transmitter, DX8, and I am using a PWM receiver, Spektrum AR8000.
Very interested in how you set up the transmitter, can you please elaborate as I am completely in the dark on mixing.
Thanks!!