It is currently Fri 29. Mar 2024 0:56:17

All times are UTC + 1 hour

Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
PostPosted: Fri 15. Feb 2019 9:35:29 

Hi there,

Having become a happy new owner of a Spirit pro, I would like to use the unit with a Kontronik Jive Pro 120 HV. Unfortunately, I am unable to configure the telemetry properly.

Hoping you could kindly help, here is my setup:

- Jeti Tx DC-16 with REX10 on Rx side.
- Spirit pro attached via EX-Bus using Spirit Jeti integration cable.
- Kontronik Jive Pro 120 HV with motor poles etc. configured in ESC, attached via:

— Kontronik Master -> AUX 1 @ Spirit
— Kontronik Slave -> AUX 2 @ Spirit
— Kontronik Telemetry -> Primary DSM2/X satellite port @ Spirit

On Spirit side, telemetry has been set to „Kontronik Kosmik / JP“ and again motor poles etc. have been configured.

Tx finds REX10 which finds Spirit. Spirit config is accessible (using spirit.bin). Spirit telemetry sensors are auto-found by Tx, but I receive no readings except for occasional vibrations (although motor is up and running, vibes mostly read 0 % and only stick movement shoves them up to 40 %, then rapidly decreasing again when stick movement ends).

I addition, I have a Geolink attached to secondary DSM2/X satellite port.

Any ideas?

Beste Grüße aus Bayern ;-)
Christian

PostPosted: Fri 15. Feb 2019 14:57:34 
Site Admin

Hi Christian,

welcome in our forum!

You have to update the ESC to the latest firmware version. Older version does not support TelMe protocol.
Then it should all work.

PostPosted: Wed 20. Feb 2019 7:17:24 

Good morning!

Took me a while until I had free time to get back to this. My KONTRONIK Jive Pro 120 HV already featured the latest FW (1.14). Nevertheless, I have again flashed it with 1.14, reset to Mode 1, then Mode 4 without success confirmation.

Still no reading via the Telemetry V2 cable in satellite port 1.

I have reset Spirit pro, configured as before and now the former config with KONTRONIK Master cable to Spirit AUX1 and KONTRONIK Slave cable to Spirit AUX 2 does not work any longer: Jive Pro 120 HV does not beep any more on initialization, but shows endless rapid flashing of LED, indicating „too high voltage before shutdown“. No spooling up. When disconnecting Master and reconnecting to AUX 1, KONTRONIK beeps as expected. Jive pro 120 HV is configured to BEC voltage of 8.0 V (I have Hacker Ditex HV servos).

When connecting KONTRONIK Master to JETi Rex channel 1 (Throttle), JiVe Pro 120 HV beeps as expected on initialization and spools up as expected.

No telemetry readings at all in both setups.

Appreciate any help!
Christian

PostPosted: Wed 20. Feb 2019 10:37:05 
Site Admin

Hello,

could you please share your Spirit settings file (4ds)?

Probably your throttle range is just not configured in the same way as Jeti receiver. It should be enough to change it so the range is same - especially Min. limit.

PostPosted: Fri 01. Mar 2019 11:40:20 

Hi there,

Thanks for the hint regarding throttle range - unfortunately there is almost no information on this on the internet.

I decreased the throttle min value until the ESC initialized. I also set the throttle max to the max value allowed in the field. As requested, I have added the current settings file with which the Jive Pro now initializes with

• Kontronik Master on Spirit Aux 1 and
  • Kontronik Slave on Spirit Aux 2.

There is still no telemetry reading. For your convenience, I have added the Kontronik config in case you want to have a look at it (it is in German, so let me know whether you need help translating it).

Beste Grüße
Christian

Attachments:
cse Spirit Pro Settings for Kontronik Jive Pro 120 HV.4ds [255 Bytes]
Downloaded 24 times
File comment: Current Kontronik Jive Pro 120 HV Settings (I have a motor with 13,5 Ohms internal resistance)
K-Konfig_2019-03-01 112614.jpg
K-Konfig_2019-03-01 112614.jpg [ 169.45 KiB | Viewed 421 times ]

PostPosted: Sun 03. Mar 2019 2:00:11 

Hallo Christian

Hast du im Spirit die Telenetrie auf "Telme" umgestellt?

Grüsse Michi

PostPosted: Sun 03. Mar 2019 8:31:03 

Hi,

Also this, in spirit jeti telemetry manual :

"The Jeti cable is able to transfer everything including channel data and telemetry. This mean that you will not need to connect anything else except this cable. On the receiver side the servo cable must be connected to the EX Bus port.

For new REX receivers the port label is E1 or E2 (EXT port will not work)."

France.

PostPosted: Tue 05. Mar 2019 9:32:35 

Hi Michi,

Re your question whether I had switched to TelMe protocol...

Bischi wrote:
Hast du im Spirit die Telenetrie auf "Telme" umgestellt?

... the answer is no - I have not. I am using Spirit’s Telemetry Cable v2 as described above, so I stayed with the telemetry setting „Kontronik Kosmik/JP“.

I nevertheless took up your point and played around with the other Kontronik-relevant settings:

- „Kontronik Jive“ gives me some gobbled readings (here and there): much to high RPM readings e.g. one value of 8000+, then nothing for the rest of the spinning time and temperature readings of 156° C. Might be a „Motor I-Shunt“ topic but I cannot find any information on this one.
- „Kontronik TelMe“ does not give me any readings at all.
- „Kontronik Kosmik/JP“ does not give me any readings as before.

Do you use Telemetry Cable v2 and have successfully applied „Kontronik TelMe“? If yes, what are your other settings especially w/r/t throttle range and motor shunt value?

Beste Grüße
Christian

PostPosted: Tue 05. Mar 2019 9:37:14 

Bonjour icare,

Merci pour ton message qui avait dit

icare wrote:
"The Jeti cable is able to transfer everything including channel data and telemetry. This mean that you will not need to connect anything else except this cable. On the receiver side the servo cable must be connected to the EX Bus port.

For new REX receivers the port label is E1 or E2 (EXT port will not work)."

In fact the only connection I am using between Spirit pro and Jeti Rex is Spirit‘s Jeti Integration Cable, which I have attached to Rex‘ E2 properly configured to „EX-BUS“.

For Spirit pro to be able to transfer telemetry data, it must before receive some, right? In my case it should read them from a Kontronik Jive Pro 120 HV which I have attached via Spirit‘s own Kontronik Telemetry V2 Cable.

Beste Grüße
Christian

PostPosted: Tue 05. Mar 2019 10:26:55 

Hi ZeXx86,

ZeXx86 wrote:
could you please share your Spirit settings file (4ds)?

I have attached the file in one of my previous messages.

Could you do me a favor and confirm that Kontronik Jive Pro 120 HV attached to Spirit Pro via Spirit's "Kontronik Telemetry Cable V2" to SAT1 should work? I so, what is the telemetry setting I should use in Spirit Pro?

- Kontronik Kosmik/JP or
- Kontronik TelMe or
- Kontronik Jive?

Kontronik Jive is the only setting I get readings with, albeit irregular with no real change whatever I set the expert parameter „Throttle /ESC filter“ to: for 3 or 4 seconds, weird data shows up (never accurate), then drops to 0 everywhere.

After going through my flight phases (with different RPM each), in many cases Spirit Pro looses connection (and is shown as not available in my DC16 device config). Tells me my throttle range is not stable (at the max end).

Do you have a recommendation for the gas frequency I should set for the Kontronik Jive Pro 120 HV? There is only one post on the internet I found on this one and it did not come from you ;-)

Thanks in advance ;-)
Christian