It is currently Thu 28. Mar 2024 13:36:10

All times are UTC + 1 hour

Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
PostPosted: Fri 08. Mar 2019 16:00:36 
Site Admin

That is very sad. I thought you are not even trying to fly until the problem is solved.
If you are loosing connection at the time of activation of some feature it is very likely that there is also some BEC related issue.
Geo-fence can perform very hard maneuver - similar to the rescue. For example some servo that is binding during higher pitch/cyclic deflections could cause BEC shutdown. Kosmik has such feature to not damage the servos.

When you configured Cyclic Ring - Aileron/Elevator Range, did you verified that the swashplate is not binding at any single point - either with the lowest and the highest collective pitch?

I am afraid that this issue is not related with telemetry at all.

Can you let me know what servos are you using? (Are you using BK?)

New unit for comparison was sent to your address few hours ago.

PostPosted: Sat 09. Mar 2019 11:45:37 

Bonjour,

Désolé pour ton crash.

A little stressfull, as I have the same configuration on my diabolo (jive 120 pro, spirit pro, telemetry with V2 cable, geolink and jeti radio with Rex receiver). I will stick to this topic to know what is the problem.

France.

PostPosted: Wed 20. Mar 2019 6:55:47 

Good morning,

ZeXx86 wrote:
New unit for comparison was sent to your address few hours ago.

I very much appreciate that you sent this over so quickly. The item arrived already last Thursday. As I was on business travel at that time, I was only able to pick it up on Monday this week.

Here are the results ("Eurovision Song Contest") of my comparison:

First of all, I had ordered a Rex3 for comparison to my Rex10, just to rule the receiver out as a source of failure. And because I wanted to go smaller ;-)

Old Spirit Pro connected to new receiver Jeti Rex3 (configured exactly as old Rex10) -> no reproduction of connection loss possible, no telemetry reading whatsoever.
New Spirit Pro connected to new receiver Jeti Rex3 -> no reproduction of connection loss possible, all telemetry data available.
New Spirit Pro connected to old receiver Jeti Rex10 -> connection loss was reproducible, all telemetry data available.

ZeXx86 wrote:
If you are loosing connection at the time of activation of some feature it is very likely that there is also some BEC related issue. Geo-fence can perform very hard maneuver - similar to the rescue. For example some servo that is binding during higher pitch/cyclic deflections could cause BEC shutdown. Kosmik has such feature to not damage the servos.

I will try to test this under load, too. Should be ready to fly again by the end of this week.

ZeXx86 wrote:
Can you let me know what servos are you using? (Are you using BK?)

I am using 3 x Hacker Ditex TD 1609 for the swashplat and 1 x Hacker Ditex TD 1005S for rudder. All of them have telemetry features.

ZeXx86 wrote:
When you configured Cyclic Ring - Aileron/Elevator Range, did you verified that the swashplate is not binding at any single point - either with the lowest and the highest collective pitch?

Yes, I have: free play all over the place.

Question: would you mind me keeping the item another week and send you back the old Spirit Pro as it does not show telemetry failure at all?

Thanks greatly!
Christian