It is currently Fri 29. Mar 2024 13:48:50

All times are UTC + 1 hour

Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
PostPosted: Wed 06. Mar 2019 10:16:46 
Site Admin

Hi,

the only correct settings when using Telem Kontronik V2 cable is TelMe Telemetry. This will work only with the latest ESC firmware.
The ESC must be initialized (throttle can be controlled normally) then it should just all work.

The only correct satellite port for this is Primary satellite - close to the ELE/PIT/AIL port.

You can set 120 Hz frequency.

PostPosted: Wed 06. Mar 2019 12:59:35 

Hallo Christian

Mein englisch ist leider nicht so gut.

Schau dir die Anleitung an und dann sollte die Telemetrie perfekt funktionieren.

http://manual.spirit-system.com/index.p ... _Telemetry

Gruss Michi

PostPosted: Wed 06. Mar 2019 15:03:51 

Hi there,

What I did after your last posts was:

- Reset Kontronik Jive Pro
- Reset Spirit Pro
- Set minimum info in Spirit Pro: mounting of Spirit unit, CCPM, receiver protocol
- initialized Kontronik via Kontronik-to-Spirit connection, not Kontronik-to-Jeti receiver (you should mention this in the Wiki :idea: )
- configured Kontronik ESC, but put no poles/gear data into config

Throttle runs just fine now in all flight phases incl. 100 %.

Then I followed Michi‘s advice and looked into: http://manual.spirit-system.com/index.php?title=TelMe_Telemetry.

- configured Spirit to Kontronik TelMe
- set motor poles divider (8poles -> entered 4)
- set gear ratio to 11,1

Now Spirit looses connection after 12 seconds, as before. No telemetry data at all.

At this point, I give up. I have ordered a Kontronik TelMe Jeti and will let you know whether readings there are fine.

As a preliminary result: I am a programmer and quality manager. I digged deep into the topic of getting telemetry data out of a Kontronik Jive Pro 120 HV ESC via a telemetry cable v2 into Spirit Pro, then via Jeti REX10 to a Jeti DC-16. It did not work out. I suspect to have a defect Spirit Pro (telemetry cable v2 shows throughput).

Beste Grüße
Christian

PS. all firmwares at the latest levels. Throttle frequency at 120 Hz.

PostPosted: Thu 07. Mar 2019 6:57:37 

Something must be defectuous, the question is to know what.

Telemetry from kontronik jive pro 120 via spirit fbl and kontronik v2 cable works on my helis, one with a red spirit and and the other with spirit pro and a geolink connected, Rex 7 receiver and DS 14.

I have made several flights with both helis since I have fitted the V2 cable and no pb with telemetry, consumed mah tell me when I must land.

Edit: I applied exactly the same procedure you describe above to set telemetry with v2 cable.

France.

PostPosted: Thu 07. Mar 2019 8:31:10 

icare,

merci! Je me croyais déjà fou ;-)

What you wrote consoles me, thanks for letting me know!

icare wrote:

Telemetry from kontronik jive pro 120 via spirit fbl and kontronik v2 cable works on my helis, one with a red spirit and and the other with spirit pro and a geolink connected, Rex 7 receiver and DS 14.

[...]

Edit: I applied exactly the same procedure you describe above to set telemetry with v2 cable.

Bon vol!
Christian

PostPosted: Thu 07. Mar 2019 8:34:42 

Hi Spirit team,

is there any way to reset Spirit „deeper“ then choosing „reset to factory setting“?

Do you have a LKG Firmware for me? Or is there any debugging mode I could activate / logging I could inspect?

I am willing to go the extra mile here ;-)

Best regards
Christian

PostPosted: Thu 07. Mar 2019 10:45:30 
Site Admin

Hi,

no, the Spirit will reset completely once you will press the Factory defaults button.
I will recommend to try this and then just to set Receiver type and TelMe Telemetry, nothing more yet.

You can connect the ESC to the receiver or the unit, this is not important. No need to set any poles, ratios, etc to make it work.

Are you using internal BEC?

What is LKG firmware?

PostPosted: Thu 07. Mar 2019 16:28:29 

Hi ZeXx86,

Btw.: are you Tomas?

ZeXx86 wrote:
reset completely once you will press the Factory defaults button.
I will recommend to try this and then just to set Receiver type and TelMe Telemetry, nothing more yet.

You can connect the ESC to the receiver or the unit, this is not important. No need to set any poles, ratios, etc to make it work.

Please have look at my previous post (http://spirit-system.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=20&t=3158&start=10#p26432) in which I have explained to have done so already.

- Yesterday I had ordered a Kontronik TelMe Jeti and received it today. It shows all telemtry data just fine. So the ESC as a source of failure can be ruled out.
- The Spirit System Telem Kontronik Cable v2 can be ruled out as source of failure, too: when I set Spirit Pro telemetry to "Kontronik Jive", I receive albeit gobbled data.
- Leaves the Spirit Pro unit as source of failure, would you agree? Took me a couple of weeks to figure this out mostly by myself. I have lost at bit of faith in this (!) unit of your great product as my Spirit Pro unit always looses connection after approx. 12 seconds whenever any telemetry data setting is activated. How can we exchange the unit?

We have not yet discussed whether my ThunderTiger motor OBL44/11-30H could be an item your product does not work with. Although, since Spirit receives telemetry data from the Kontronik ESC, this does not seem very likely.

Re your questions:

ZeXx86 wrote:
Are you using internal BEC?

Yes, I am using the ESC's BEC with 8.0 V for my HV servos.

ZeXx86 wrote:
What is LKG firmware?

Here, LKG stands for "Last Known Good": in this case a firmware prior to the currently latest v2.6.1 which I might try out.

Kindly stay on this topic as I would like to see this clarified.

Thanks greatly!
Christian

PostPosted: Fri 08. Mar 2019 8:54:24 
Site Admin

Hello,

we can send you another unit for testing. Very likely there is something very wrong because it should not loose a connection at any point. But it is also possible that the result will be same, because there is not too much in the unit that could cause this.

PostPosted: Fri 08. Mar 2019 15:50:17 

ZeXx86 wrote:
Very likely there is something very wrong because it should not loose a connection at any point.

Can confirm: went out flying today. Everything fine at first.

Couple of minutes later, after having engaged geofencing, I turned geofencing off again - and connection was lost (w/ Spirit Pro no longer showing in my Jeti device confit).

Rotor head, blades, some linkage rods and most servo arms broken. What a pity.