It is currently Thu 28. Mar 2024 16:42:55

All times are UTC + 1 hour

Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
 Post subject: Stabilisation modes
PostPosted: Tue 12. Feb 2019 17:35:03 

I'd like to set up 2 stabilisation modes - Normal (for flying about), and Stabilisation (normal) for learning nose in hover, skids down.

I'd also like to have rescue available on a different switch, so that if it all goes wrong, i can flick the rescue switch and it climbs then flips skids down. I already have this bit configured and its working ok.

So the additional bit I need help with is how to set up Normal Mode and Stabilisation (normal) on a switch.

At the moment, My rescue is set to negative gyro, but i'm planning on changing that to a separate channel, then have an additional channel for the normal / stabi (normal) setting. Is this possible?

It looks like to software only handles switch ON / OFF, not switch LO / MID / HI.

Post subject: Re: Stabilisation modes
PostPosted: Sat 16. Feb 2019 22:39:35 

seems no one answered so i will try. I believe the only way you can do what you want is with Banks. Rescue, Stabilization, and Normal are all Stabi modes (with Normal being no Stabi off) and the Stabi mode can't be changed by a channel. So you have to set up Banks and you can have 3 and each can have its own Stabi mode. You always have Normal when the Stabi mode is off. You can leave Stabi on the -side of the gyro channel but you will need a channel for banks. Set Stabilization in one Bank and Rescue in the other. Depending on which TX you have you may be able to use Mixes on the Bank channel so Rescue has override priority over Normal and Stabilization.

PostPosted: Mon 18. Feb 2019 23:01:26 

I concur with the above approach and have successfully setup two systems like this for a friend who is using a Futaba system !

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Wed 27. Feb 2019 16:41:07 

Can I add a feature request here:

Allow 3 position switches to be used with rescue so all 3 positions can be programmed to different rescue modes, in my case, these would be:

Position 1: (switch at 0%) Normal flight.
Position 2: (switch at 50%) Stabilisation (normal) (skids down only) flight.
Position 3: (switch at 100%) stabi (normal) (climb, inverted or not, then flip to skids down) mode.

Thanks.

PostPosted: Wed 06. Mar 2019 11:35:10 
Site Admin

Hello,

you can program the behavior already.

It is only needed to unassign Gyro Gain channel and assign Banks.
Then for each Bank you can set such modes, while for Bank 1 and 2 Sensor/Rudder Gain will be configured to a negative value in order to engage the features.

So then only one switch will control this.

PostPosted: Sun 10. Mar 2019 18:15:54 

I'd rather this was done without banks.

AccuRC sim has sliders to set modes which makes it very easy to configure.

So I'd like to keep this as a feature request please.

PostPosted: Wed 13. Mar 2019 4:46:35 

jjuk wrote:

Don't hold your breath !
I think the man has plenty enough to deal with before beginning to "re-invent the wheel" so to speak and start implementing changes that really don't provide anything more than already possible with the current OS. I'm sure most would like to have a variation or two in the Spirits OS (or any FBL unit) to suit their personal preference however the reality is your able to already achieve what your asking for in this case ! OK , it's not the way you would like to go about getting the desired result but hey , "you can't keep all the people happy all the time" as part of the saying goes.
I'm pretty sure Tomas is managing to keep "most of the people happy , most of the time ! " by providing probably the best support for a product in the industry !
That in itself is a difficult feet so maybe cut the guy some slack and start appreciating what you can do , and not getting too hung up on what you can't do with these little boxes of tricks !!

PostPosted: Wed 13. Mar 2019 12:26:16 

Van Scott wrote:
jjuk wrote:

Don't hold your breath !
I think the man has plenty enough to deal with before beginning to "re-invent the wheel" so to speak and start implementing changes that really don't provide anything more than already possible with the current OS. I'm sure most would like to have a variation or two in the Spirits OS (or any FBL unit) to suit their personal preference however the reality is your able to already achieve what your asking for in this case ! OK , it's not the way you would like to go about getting the desired result but hey , "you can't keep all the people happy all the time" as part of the saying goes.
I'm pretty sure Tomas is managing to keep "most of the people happy , most of the time ! " by providing probably the best support for a product in the industry !
That in itself is a difficult feet so maybe cut the guy some slack and start appreciating what you can do , and not getting too hung up on what you can't do with these little boxes of tricks !!

There's nothing wrong with asking for feature requests to improve a product. Just because its good at the moment, doesn't mean that it should just remain static and never change.

Making things easier it what product development is all about, otherwise we'd all be cooking over open fires and living in caves, after all, building houses is also just "reinventing the wheel".

PostPosted: Wed 13. Mar 2019 13:29:08 

No there's not any harm in asking and you didn't miss the opportunity to make some very valid points.
However from watching the development of this particular unit from 1.0.25 , and taking into account the reply already given by essentially the one who really counts , I would still say , don't hold your breath !
If you do really feel that your suggestion is something most would benefit from , post the request in the appropriate place and see how it's received !