It is currently Thu 28. Mar 2024 21:35:24

All times are UTC + 1 hour

Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
PostPosted: Thu 14. Feb 2019 8:43:21 

Hello,

I have a problem with my Spirit Pro settings.

The unit is installed in a Henseleit TDF (12s) and it shows a disturbing behaviour when the heli is in forward flight.
Everytime I give positive pitch input the nose goes up. This happens also if the heli is turned against the wind.
The faster the heli flies (or the stronger the wind is) the more the nose goes up with pitch input.
Because of this speed flying is very difficult because I need constantly nick input to keep the nose aligned.

If the heli stands still in the air and there is no wind the nose is complete stable, even with pitch pumps.

The rotor speed is approximately 1.250 rpm, the heli is balanced perfectly and the swash plate is even the whole way from max negative pitch to max positive pitch. The 6 degree geometry was set to 4.5.

I attached my Setting file and I hope you can tell me which Parameters I have to use to correct this.

Thank you very much,
Thomas

Attachments:
File comment: Spirit Settings
2019-01-12_Settings.4ds [255 Bytes]
Downloaded 67 times

PostPosted: Thu 14. Feb 2019 14:11:03 
Site Admin

Hello,

please make sure that when Servos/Subtrim (tuning) is ticked the servos are at the center position. At the same time swashplate is at the center position.
And at the same time there is 0° between main blades.

You might try to decrease Geometry 6° value little bit.

Alternatively please check vibration level with Spectrum Analysis - without blades. If there are extremely high vibrations then it could cause unexpected behavior and imprecision.

PostPosted: Thu 14. Feb 2019 14:35:24 

ZeXx86 wrote:
Hello,

please make sure that when Servos/Subtrim (tuning) is ticked the servos are at the center position. At the same time swashplate is at the center position.
And at the same time there is 0° between main blades.

You might try to decrease Geometry 6° value little bit.

Alternatively please check vibration level with Spectrum Analysis - without blades. If there are extremely high vibrations then it could cause unexpected behavior and imprecision.

Hello!

I've followed all your suggestions:
- Servo and swashplate were in center position, blades are 0° when tuning is ticked
- There are only minimal vibrations shown. Even when hovering in the air there are no dangerous Vibration Levels shown in my Jeti telemetry-log.
- I decreased the Geometry 6° value a little bit but that was'n succesful either. The Heli felt more "wobbly" but the unwanted nick was still there.

Another user told me to try increasing Advanced/Elevator Filter Parameter, that I'll try the next time.
Do you have any other idea?

Edit: I've got a 4ds-File from another TDF-Pilot but that doesn't work with the 4ds-Browser (Message "Unsupported version: heli-2.5.2").
Is there any other way to compare these Settings with mine without loading them into my unit?

Thank you,
Thomas