It is currently Thu 28. Mar 2024 16:46:38

All times are UTC + 1 hour

Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
PostPosted: Mon 21. Jan 2019 19:10:54 

Having problems with the Map tab. A few seconds after I enter the Map tab, the tab grays out I am passed over to the update tab. If I go to the Info tab, I can see the the connection message flashing between connected and not connected. If I restart the software, the same thing happens. This is on two different Windows 7 machines ( a laptop and desktop). If I don't go into the Map tab, everything is OK and I can use the Geolink settings in the other screens.

I am trying to test the Set Home Point function and I am not sure it is working. The manual says this:
"If assigned GeoLink channel is used you have to set On (2) function state and keep it on for at least 2 seconds. At this period Status LED of the unit will turn off and after 2 seconds"

I do not see the LED go off. I hear some servo noise and then a small swash jump. But I can't verify the Home point changed because the Map crashes after about 5 seconds. I do see the feature showing as ON inthe Aid tab.

I tried using the wifi interface. I do not see the Map as available in either the phone app or the broswer interface; only in the PC software. Is that right or am I missing it somewhere.

PostPosted: Mon 21. Jan 2019 19:37:40 

update: I do think I was able to set the Home Point with my TX but the map is still crashing after a few seconds.

I set the home point by clicking on the map. Then I went outside, powered up, waied for a Blue LED and then used my TX to reset the point.

As I said above, the LED does not go off.

I looked at the Map again and the Point had moved to my location. So that part does seem to be working but I only have a few seconds before the map crashes.

Can I see the Map in the Phone App or Browser?

PostPosted: Mon 21. Jan 2019 20:43:45 

It's the led on the Spirit that momentarily goes off, rather than on the Geolink. Not sure about the map issue.

PostPosted: Mon 21. Jan 2019 21:17:46 
Site Admin

Am I right that you are using Wifi-Link for communication?
If the connection is not perfectly stable it could cause some issues.

Please try the USB interface in that case.

You can program the points anytime at the field through the assigned channel. So you do not need to program the points through the software.

Please look at the Spirit Status LED when programming the points.

PostPosted: Tue 22. Jan 2019 1:02:37 

No, it was not with wifi. I was using the cable. I was just out test flying and the Geolink works including setting the Home Point. So the Map crash is my only actual issue. I can make a video and show you what is happening. Maybe it a Windows 7 issue. Both of my PC's are W7.

Thanks for clearing up the LED thing.

About wifi and the software, I have actually never gotten the wifi to work with the software. The wifi works with my phone and with a browser but not the software. Never gets past that initial splash screen.

Is Map available on the phone app or browser? I didn't see it.

PostPosted: Tue 22. Jan 2019 1:55:09 

I made a video
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t5xC8gOCHeE

PostPosted: Tue 22. Jan 2019 10:28:56 
Site Admin

Hello,

thank you for the video.

Could you try to enter the Hardware tab first, wait few seconds and then try to change to the Map tab?

The map is available only in the Spirit Settings PC software from technical reasons.

PostPosted: Tue 22. Jan 2019 17:09:45 

>Could you try to enter the Hardware tab first
"Module" tab? I don't see a tab called "hardware".

Same thing happens.
I went into the Module tab, waited a bit, watched the numbers change, then went into Map. Same as the video. Map crashes.

I have an unrelated comment/question about Heading on the Info tab. Seems that you want heading to read 90 degrees when the model is pointed North. By normal convention a heading of 90 degrees is due East. North is 0 or 360. Curious why you wrote the firmware so that that it reads 90 when pointing North. It is confusing to anyone that has ever done other forms of navigation.

PostPosted: Fri 25. Jan 2019 20:19:01 

been a few days. Any update on this? Is it a W7 problem and maybe I need a W10 device?

PostPosted: Mon 28. Jan 2019 15:44:08 
Site Admin

Hello,

we are testing the software on Windows 7 for many, many years. Actually it is the most used OS for Spirit Settings, but you are the first with this issue.
Unfortunately we can't replicate the issue.

Could you Clear the logs from GeoLink, please? Hopefully this will make a change.