It is currently Thu 28. Mar 2024 17:25:23

All times are UTC + 1 hour

Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
 Post subject: Geolink questions
PostPosted: Fri 18. Jan 2019 6:01:16 

I'm just wrapping up the installation of my Geo-link and have a few setup questions.

1.) Most of my available switches are three position switches. With standard switch settings of 100 / 0 / -100 I get readings in the Spirit software of On (1) / Off / On (2)......does that translate to On / Off / On or is there is difference between On 1 and On 2?

2.) Any usuful benefits or suggestions to utilize the three position switches. It didn't appear that you can assign more than one function per channel so I don't think I can use any one switch for anything but on/off for one geo-link function.

3.) I found the map in the software and set my home point and geofence for my local flying field. Is this the only way to set and adjust these settings? If I fly anywhere else and activate return to home it's going to try to fly to my set home point regardless of how far away that is? If yes then I'd like to make a suggestion. DJI had their return to home set the same way at first then customers had issues with their quads returning to a home point that could be miles away. Their current return to home feature records a new home point every time it takes off....this makes a lot of sense.

4.) Lastly what's the realistic minimum lower altitude limit that allows the model enough distance to safely recover. FMA Direct had a hard deck system years ago that had a lower operating limit of about 25'. Is the Geo-link similiar or has it improved on that?

Thanks for the help....looking forward to a maiden this weekend in between snow storms ;)

Post subject: Re: Geolink questions
PostPosted: Fri 18. Jan 2019 18:47:38 

If you have GTH assigned to a channel, -100 will reset the Home Point as long as the model is not flying. This is mentioned in the docs.

If you only want 0 or +100 on a 3-way switch, there are various ways to do that depending which brand/model TX you have. So you can get OFF/ON/ON

Can't really advise about your hard deck question.