It is currently Thu 28. Mar 2024 23:27:49

All times are UTC + 1 hour

Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
PostPosted: Fri 18. Jan 2019 1:12:53 

I've just set up a geolink on a heli for a mate and am having trouble setting a geofence where i want it.

I plot the 2 points and it sets a square/rectangle but I am unable to get it where I want. I'm trying to set a rectangle out in front of me including my take off area but not where I stand. I have played around with it quite a bit with no luck.
Has anyone got any advice that may help me out.

Cheers

PostPosted: Fri 18. Jan 2019 2:54:10 

Program it with your TX. Geo Link channel at -100 on Fence Channel Position 2.

4.2 Modes

If Geo-fence is engaged by assigned GeoLink channel there is possibility to use tri-state switch also for programming of a new Geo-fence area. In the Channels window you will be able to see Function as On (1), Off and On (2) which is corresponding to 100%, 0% and -100% channel value.

When On (1) is displayed it mean that at this point Geo-fence is engaged and flight area is restricted. The model will return upon exceeding the area to the center of the area. Then pilot has to re-engage the feature in order to continue in flight.

When On (2) is displayed the unit is in a programming mode which allow to overwrite current Geo-fence to the new with position at which the model currently is. Please note that it will not work if model is flying or if GNSS signal is very weak.

4.3 New Geo-fence programming

It is possible to program the Geo-fence either with the Spirit Settings by selecting a points at the Map. Or there is possibility to use GeoLink channel to do so even if you are out of a computer.

If assigned GeoLink channel is used you have to set On (2) function state and keep it on for at least 2 seconds. At this period Status LED of the unit will turn off and after 2 seconds new Geo-fence point is programmed. Pilot has to define two points that will determine new area diagonally. To program both points pilot have to engage the programming two times. From two diagonal points a rectangular area is calculated. After the first point programming the Status LED at the Spirit will be still Off. After the second point programming the LED must turn On which will signalize success. New area is applied immediately.

PostPosted: Fri 18. Jan 2019 3:07:41 

LogoX2 wrote:

4.2 Modes

If Geo-fence is engaged by assigned GeoLink channel there is possibility to use tri-state switch also for programming of a new Geo-fence area. In the Channels window you will be able to see Function as On (1), Off and On (2) which is corresponding to 100%, 0% and -100% channel value.

When On (1) is displayed it mean that at this point Geo-fence is engaged and flight area is restricted. The model will return upon exceeding the area to the center of the area. Then pilot has to re-engage the feature in order to continue in flight.

When On (2) is displayed the unit is in a programming mode which allow to overwrite current Geo-fence to the new with position at which the model currently is. Please note that it will not work if model is flying or if GNSS signal is very weak.

It is possible to program the Geo-fence either with the Spirit Settings by selecting a points at the Map. Or there is possibility to use GeoLink channel to do so even if you are out of a computer.

If assigned GeoLink channel is used you have to set On (2) function state and keep it on for at least 2 seconds. At this period Status LED of the unit will turn off and after 2 seconds new Geo-fence point is programmed. Pilot has to define two points that will determine new area diagonally. To program both points pilot have to engage the programming two times. From two diagonal points a rectangular area is calculated. After the first point programming the Status LED at the Spirit will be still Off. After the second point programming the LED must turn On which will signalize success. New area is applied immediately.
Thanks.
I've read all of that and from what i gather it would mark it out the same as doing it on the map.

When you do this in the field using your tx, how do you know where the fence has been put. I'm unable to put the fence where i want it using a pc so at the moment i wouldn't be sure where it would be if i did it in the field.

PostPosted: Fri 18. Jan 2019 11:54:13 

Campbell wrote:
LogoX2 wrote:

4.2 Modes

Thanks.
I've read all of that and from what i gather it would mark it out the same as doing it on the map.

When you do this in the field using your tx, how do you know where the fence has been put. I'm unable to put the fence where i want it using a pc so at the moment i wouldn't be sure where it would be if i did it in the field.

You physically set the model on the ground at the 2 diagonal points you want to set.
After they are programmed you can view them on the map.

PostPosted: Fri 18. Jan 2019 18:32:50 

Yes i understand that. Is there any difference between doing it that way and by using the pc, in the way the system sets where the fence is?

At this stage i can plot points anywhere in my field using the pc and the fence will never go where it's intended.
I'm after a "box" that has a boundary line straight across in front of me but it always puts it on an angle, which would not allow me to fly from left to right. (A corner of the square/rectangle is at my feet).

PostPosted: Sat 19. Jan 2019 1:39:56 

Campbell wrote:
Yes i understand that. Is there any difference between doing it that way and by using the pc, in the way the system sets where the fence is?

At this stage i can plot points anywhere in my field using the pc and the fence will never go where it's intended.
I'm after a "box" that has a boundary line straight across in front of me but it always puts it on an angle, which would not allow me to fly from left to right. (A corner of the square/rectangle is at my feet).

You should be able to set a box using the map. Don't know why its not working for you. I like the TX method, no guessing with the accuracy of the map. I have setup 4 models using the TX method and they all work perfectly. Tested the fences and the are pretty accurate.

PostPosted: Sat 19. Jan 2019 5:10:43 

Maybe I'll just try setting it in the field and see what how it goes. It could work perfect.

PostPosted: Sun 27. Jan 2019 8:11:13 

I'm still having issues. Someone else has tried it and having the same problem.

Any help would be appreciated

PostPosted: Sun 27. Jan 2019 9:27:38 

Hello I have the same concern, we can draw a rectangle but not tilt according to the flight area, it should be possible to enter the 5 points of a rectangle (5 is the end point ;) ), j I asked, I do not know if it's in the drawers.
Cdlt

PostPosted: Sun 27. Jan 2019 9:41:49 

passe partout wrote:
Hello I have the same concern, we can draw a rectangle but not tilt according to the flight area, it should be possible to enter the 5 points of a rectangle (5 is the end point ;) ), j I asked, I do not know if it's in the drawers.
Cdlt
Yes that would be the most simplistic way.

I'm glad its not just us doing something wrong.