It is currently Thu 28. Mar 2024 14:15:20

All times are UTC + 1 hour

Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
PostPosted: Fri 21. Dec 2018 6:16:53 

Would be great to see a video of the Auto Landing new Feature in V2.6.0 if possible!
Thanks and Merry Christmas everyone!
Dave

PostPosted: Fri 21. Dec 2018 12:08:19 

Sorry Dave no video but it does work. Heli takes its time to perform the landing after it touches down just hit throttle hold. I also tried tying it in with RTH, both features activated at the same time on same switch. Heli returns to RTH point and then performs its landing.

PostPosted: Fri 21. Dec 2018 15:01:51 

Thanks so much for the info! Glad it worked for you, and appreciate the tip of combining RTH and Auto Landing on same switch. That is what I will do as well. Really appreciate the info. Hope you and yours have a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year! :D Dave

PostPosted: Fri 21. Dec 2018 18:25:57 

Thank you, LogoX2 for this information.

BR Eugen

PostPosted: Mon 14. Jan 2019 5:54:13 

Hello LogoX2 and all,
This past weekend on Sunday we had a break in the weather to fly.
I tried "RTH" and "Auto Landing" turned on via one channel and one switch (Gear Switch) and it performed absolutely amazing, perfectly stable, heli slowly went over to the "Home" specified position at the field, and once there, it started a slow and controlled beautiful landing. The touchdown was so smooth and controlled - it reminded me when I was watching on TV the Apollo Lunar mission that first landed on the moon.

Combine Hard Deck Auto Rescue function (Altitude Limit) on one switch/channel, and with RTH (Return to Home), and (Auto Land)ing combined together on another switch/channel, and anyone can learn to fly heli's confidently with these features, and without crashing.

Just try it yourself, you will be amazed when you see how well these features work!

Congratulations to Tomas and the entire Spirit team for amazing features with smooth precision, just truly amazing. Thanks so much! :D
Sincerely,
Dave