It is currently Wed 29. May 2024 20:04:29

All times are UTC + 1 hour

Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
PostPosted: Mon 24. Dec 2018 7:50:53 

After setting many Spirit units up without issue , I've encountered my first. I am installing a friend Pro into an eXo with a Futaba Sbus connection. I have done this before without issue.
For an unknown reason , the Computer will not recognize the unit. If I use the same cable on the same computer with one of my Models there is no problem.
The unit I'm installing was removed from a crashed machine however shows no sign of damage. When I power it up both the Gyro and RX indicate initilization has been complete and they are functioning ok however no control from the TX is possible !
Is there any way of determining if the unit requires repair ?
The only big difference between this setup and my personal is the fact it's using Futaba (Sbus) and I use Spektrum.
The first few attempts to connect were ok however unstable connection was reported shortly after. Now the Spirit will not connect at all or is not being seen.
I have re-installed the software so as to eliminate any issue regarding Futaba/Spektrum mismatch.
Any advice appreciated !

PostPosted: Mon 24. Dec 2018 10:33:09 
Site Admin

Hello,

are you able to perform the Recovery flashing?
If yes, then I can send you a special firmware which might fix the problem or at least tell us what is wrong.

PostPosted: Mon 24. Dec 2018 11:20:17 

I’m not sure how to go about recovery flashing.
If it requires the computer to connect to the unit , I would imagine not as presently it is reporting that no unit can be found despite it being correctly plugged in via the sys port and running!

PostPosted: Mon 24. Dec 2018 11:35:44 
Site Admin

You can proceed according this guide:
http://manual.spirit-system.com/index.p ... ing_Failed

If this will work for you, then there is a big chance it can be fixed remotely and easily.

PostPosted: Mon 24. Dec 2018 12:25:36 

1#OK.... All goes well , the recovery finishes and reports the firmware loaded .
2#Then advises to click ok as RX type has changed and setting will save which occurs , then told 'unstable connection' , 'reconnect' !
3#It links again momentarily after I cycle the power then drops the connection again and fails to recover.

Step 2 and 3 keep repeating while asking to 'check connection correct' which it is as the Flashing went ok !!

PostPosted: Mon 24. Dec 2018 12:29:28 
Site Admin

Could you disconnect everything that is not necessary (for example RX) and then try it again?
Could you check if the USB interface is warm? It should be always cold.

What if you are not changing the receiver type?

PostPosted: Mon 24. Dec 2018 12:42:34 

Yes I've changed the receiver type.

Thanks for the support as always , will continue tomorrow when fresh and report back as getting late here in AU and I don't want to be up when Santa comes soon :D

Merry Christmas to Team Spirit !

PostPosted: Tue 25. Dec 2018 11:49:55 

So all came together on Christmas Day with help from the trusted support we have become accustomed to here at Spirit !

I have no idea of why the unit Bricked however the Rescue process went smoothly after removal of the RX input.
Once the recovery process was complete , it functioned with the Sbus reconnected without issues

It was welcome news for the friend I’m doing this installation for and a big relief for myself.

Cheers all !
Van.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk