It is currently Thu 28. Mar 2024 19:36:47

All times are UTC + 1 hour

Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
PostPosted: Sun 02. Dec 2018 20:50:47 

Which setting on the spirit pro should i adjust to cure rudder bounce on piros my heli is flying superb in every sense but ive noticed a small a amount of bounce on fast pirouette. Should i increase rudder dynamic. I have a gob 700 t line .gain is around 43 on headspeed of 2100 with multiplyer set at 1.0

PostPosted: Tue 04. Dec 2018 11:28:51 
Site Admin

Hello,

the biggest difference can be obtained usually by changing Servo arm length. This mean to put ball linkage closer or further.
Without your configuration file I can't tell you in which direction. If Rudder End-points are more than 140 in some direction then you can try a further hole.

Also very important is mechanical center configuration. When you tick Servos/Subtrim (tuning) menu the tail servo arm should be at the center. At the same time tail slider should be also at the center or rather little bit closer to the boom. So that there is a slight angle between tail blades (3-4°).

Then re-adjust Rudder End-points in the Spirit Settings.

Other thing is to look at your settings, but I don't know anything about your setup.

So if you can attach 4DS file it will help a lot. Then I can check your settings.

PostPosted: Tue 04. Dec 2018 12:12:37 

ZeXx86 wrote:
Hello,

the biggest difference can be obtained usually by changing Servo arm length. This mean to put ball linkage closer or further.
Without your configuration file I can't tell you in which direction. If Rudder End-points are more than 140 in some direction then you can try a further hole.

Also very important is mechanical center configuration. When you tick Servos/Subtrim (tuning) menu the tail servo arm should be at the center. At the same time tail slider should be also at the center or rather little bit closer to the boom. So that there is a slight angle between tail blades (3-4°).

Other thing is to look at your settings, but I don't know anything about your setup.

So if you can attach 4DS file it will help a lot. Then I can check your settings.

Thanks for the reply . The heli flies excellent .it just has this small amount of bounce as I mentioned. I may have the rudder dynamic a little high .I'll try a few settings next flight ]

PostPosted: Tue 04. Dec 2018 12:45:52 
Site Admin

Yes, changing Rudder Dynamic, Rudder Delay and Pirouette Consistency can make the biggest difference.

If Pirouette Consistency and Rudder Dynamic values are too high it could make the issue more apparent.

PostPosted: Thu 03. Dec 2020 13:48:18 

Hi !
I have also bounce on tail ! and this on the both Spirit units I have. one on the Beam 450 SE and one on Protos 500.
On the Protos 500 I changed the servo (was a Futaba 9254 now is a KST MS 805 HV 760microS) and it behaves the same. On fast pirouette stops, it bounces. Change some parameters , as I read in manual and forum, the same sort of bounce, just sharper or softer, depends on values, but still the same bounce here. Until now I ignore it, because I thought is the tail servo, and everithing else work fine on Protos500. The rescue function has saved a cople of hundert Euros :lol:
her my .4ds file attached.

Attachments:
Protos500.4ds [255 Bytes]
Downloaded 10 times

PostPosted: Thu 03. Dec 2020 17:51:14 

ZeXx86 wrote:
Hello,

Tomas, this from the Servo Tab in setup.........'It is also necessary to set the subtrim and mechanics of the rudder so that the servo horn is perpendicular to its case and rudder pitch is at 0°. This setting will affect rudder stop performance.'

Can you confirm which is correct as this seems to be in direct contradiction! Cheers