It is currently Thu 28. Mar 2024 17:54:02

All times are UTC + 1 hour

Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
PostPosted: Fri 16. Nov 2018 0:14:06 

Hello everyone,
As many of you have seen in my previous posts, I was determined to figure out how to get the JR XP9303H Heli Transmitter to work with Spirit Pro and GeoLink GPS unit, to achieve having 2 free channels, and be able to assign those channels to the important features I wanted to have that most of you will want too. I have set up all 3 of my Helis with this HOW-TO document step by step that I hope will help many of you use your JR XP9303H transmitter to have RETURN TO HOME AND AUTOMATIC LANDING Function and ALTITUDE LIMIT HARD DECK FUNCTION both working simultaneously or separate. I have made this "How to Guide" to be a "Step by step" to assist you, along with screen shots that will help too. Be sure you print out the PDF and read through it entirely before proceeding. It is relatively easy if you have some experience and know your JR XP9303H fairly well. I hope this brings as much joy to you as it does for me to accomplish this and be able to use our PWM TX with the needed channels to do this without having to go SBUS conversion and nothing else required. Download the attached PDF below. Hope this helps many people, and happy flying! If you find this helpful, please feel free to post a comment of course! :-)
Sincerely, Dave

P.S. - DISCLAIMER & NO LIABILITY: As mentioned in the document, I believe it is as accurate as possible, but you use this on your own accord and I will not be held responsible or liable in anyway if a mishap or something goes wrong. I am positive it works though as this is how I set up my 3 heli's using this document created in the PDF below. :-) However many are at different skill levels in the hobby, thus the reason for this statement.

Attachments:
How to get your JR XP9303 Heli TX to have 2 GeoLink GPS Features work perfectly.pdf [993.7 KiB]
Downloaded 142 times

Last edited by HeliDave on Thu 11. Apr 2019 4:46:55, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Mon 14. Jan 2019 6:18:53 

Hello everyone,

With the most recent Release of Spirit 2.6.x and Geolink update, be sure to check out the link below, describing how you can set up multiple compatible GeoLink features (2 features like "Return to Home" and "Auto Land" on one switch/channel, and then you can also assign another switch/channel to "Altitude Limit" Hard deck Rescue. These features work incredibly well and definitely helps prevent crashing. Here's the updated link on how to do this:
http://spirit-system.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=20&t=3035
Hope this helps....
Thanks, Dave

PostPosted: Wed 03. Apr 2019 22:05:43 

Hello everyone,
With the latest version of firmware and software for Spirit & GeoLink, V2.6.1
I thought I would attach all my working .4ds profiles for each heli I have.
All of these profiles are working flying .4ds files at the latest updates, V2.6.1 as of Mar 8, 2019.
You can use the .4ds viewer to view the files and compare to your models.
Also, Bank 0 is the only bank used as I am controlling the GeoLink functions through TX switches as originally described.
The now working 4DS viewer is available at this Spirit Link: http://4dsviewer.spirit-system.com/www/
Thanks Tomas and Team! YOU are the best!
Dave
See attached files below that are working and flying perfect in all my helis:

IMPORTANT:
As promised, I have a much better 600 Logo file attached below - she should fly perfectly with +12,-12 degrees pitch
I won't be able to test it for a week or so as we are having 20 mph this week where I live.
I will report back when I have test flown this Mikado Logo 550 SE V2 stretched to 606mm Rail blades on this setup, Stay tuned

Attachments:
File comment: I have test flown this setup for TREX 500 heli, with Rail 426mm blades, and she flies great. Pitch now set at +12, -12 degrees exactly.
TREX 500 Working Perfect 4 11 2019 V2.6.1.4ds [255 Bytes]
Downloaded 27 times
File comment: I have test flown this setup for Synergy E5 heli, with Rail 556mm blades, and she flies great. Pitch now set at +12, -12 degrees exactly.
Synergy E5 #1 Working perfect 4 11 2019 V2.6.1 1.02.4ds [255 Bytes]
Downloaded 23 times
File comment: [b][u]IMPORTANT:
As promised, I have a much better 600 Logo file attached below - that should fly perfectly with +-12 degrees pitch
I won't be able to test it for a week or so as we are having 20 mph this week where I live. I will report back when I have test flown this Mikado Logo 550 SE V2 stretched to 606mm Rail blades on this setup, Stay tuned[/u][/b]

Logo 600 Ready to TEST on all set up 4 10 2019 V2.6.1 1.02 BANK 0.4ds [255 Bytes]
Downloaded 26 times

Last edited by HeliDave on Sat 13. Apr 2019 2:24:33, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Fri 12. Apr 2019 18:03:41 

Thanks to Spirit Pro V2.6.1 and GeoLink newest V1.0.2 updates we can now have more channels to add features to.
In the picture below, you can see that I have chosen to also add two functions to one channel.

In this real life example in the picture below, Channel 7 still has the "Return to Home Feature" and I have also added to Channel 7 the new "Automatic Landing" Feature. So now when I am flying and need to get the heli under control for what ever reason, I just toggle the Gear switch backwards away from me, and the heli will right itself up, start towards the programmed "Home" location in GeoLink, and once it hovers over the home location, then it will automatically land the heli completely safe.

It is truly amazing to see for the first time how well this function works. Now I am able to have Return to Home and Auto Land available with a flip of the Gear switch backwards.

See attached channels via below picture... and newest post of how this was achieved in greater detail to assist others. Hope this helps!
Thanks Tomas for the Auto Landing function as well, it works amazingly well! Dave
Attachment:
Adding more featues to same channel works with latest 2.6.1 update.JPG
Adding more featues to same channel works with latest 2.6.1 update.JPG [ 55.35 KiB | Viewed 577 times ]

PostPosted: Tue 16. Apr 2019 2:26:52 

VERY IMPORTANT info to help everyone further understand how this was achieved....Notice in the picture above for the channels, etc...

Please note, in the first original post there is a PDF file to download the step by step with pictures, on how to set up your JR TX settings, switches, and TX values up and down, to accomplish the end results here to map to your TX that will be easy to use and accomplish the goals for me. That was really the hardest part. But once you have your TX is setup correctly and you choose to use the switch settings that were chosen by me to do this with my JR XP9303 Heli TX, to accomplish having the 3 functions that work rock solid. I fly with setup this way all the time now.

Here are more helpful details below. Be sure to do the JR XP9303 Heli programming as described above, before trying to setup the remaining below (your TX programming is critical for this to work right).

Note that Channel 5 was for Gyro gain, and this Gain can be set to 60 in the Spirit Pro FBL unit under Gyro Gain.
This made channel 5 available by changing it to Unassigned.
Now Channel 5 can be assigned to any Spirit FBL setting on the right side, and I chose to use this channel for Altitude Limit (RESCUE) function. I use the slider lever switch on the right side near the bottom to activate Altitude Limit (RESCUE) function. When in the down position - the function is turned off. When it is in the up position, this enables Altitude Limit (RESCUE) function and it is always on until you slide the slider switch down. So be sure to take off with this switch in the down position, and only activate it when above your specified in meters Altitude Limit (RESCUE) function setting.
When you are ready to land, of course you must turn this feature off by moving the slider lever switch to the full down position.

Also note Channel 7 is unassigned in the picture above, it used to be used for Bank Switching, but since I am not interested in Bank Switching, I now can use only one "Bank 0" in Spirit Pro, and I assigned Spirit FBL settings on the right side, using Switch 7 which is the "Gear switch" on the TX, so that it does two functions at once: Channel 7 still has the "Return to Home Feature" and I have also added to Channel 7 the new "Automatic Landing" Feature. This is really cool that you can add the functions you want, and many of them work well together as shown in this example. I chose to use the gear switch, such that, with the switch is flipped down, towards me, it is in the off position. This was so that I could easily with my left hand or thumb flip it up to turn on both features for Channel 7. This was personal choice of course, as it is easier for me to flip the switch up to activate these two features.

So you may ask how do I just get the Bank 0 settings and no longer need the Bank 1 or 2 files that are not needed?
By default when you save Spirit Pro all settings you usually have to save all the of the .4ds files, this will happen always.
When you save your new configuration you will only need Bank 0 (.4ds files) to be loaded as all the features and functions are now on Bank 0 only. How do you load only the Bank 0 file you need? Simply launch the Spirit Pro Settings App as normal, and then go tot he Backup Tab... on the far right you will see the "Load" option, click Load once, and direct it to go to the location of your .4ds files you save in your computer and you will see all 3 of the Bank 0, Bank 1, Bank 2 files as normal. Now select only Bank 0 (what you need) and it will load only Bank 0 file which is what you will be using in this setup always. You can just delete Bank 1 and 2 as you have no need for them now.

I hope this further helps how this was achieved. Simple, works great and I love it!!!!

Thanks! Dave

Last edited by HeliDave on Tue 16. Apr 2019 15:53:13, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: Tue 16. Apr 2019 15:28:09 

Additional new information on how to complete your setup is now in the above post. Hope these tips help you as much as they have for me for what I needed to accomplish using 3 Geolink functions on my Jr XP 9303H heli Transmitter, with Spirit Pro FBL and GeoLink GPS.

Tomas and team have delivered a truly state of the art, full functioned solution, for most everyone's needs, without having to pay for each feature independently, that works, with unheard of incredible tech support to help resolve most any issue, and is flexible, and in my opinion the best bang for the buck there is for this technology! Congratulations Tomas and the Spirit Pro team!
Thanks, Dave

PostPosted: Wed 05. Jun 2019 19:37:56 

Hello everyone,
I finally got to fly this past weekend, (delay due to months of wind, rain, and projects here - my apologies).

The Mikado Logo 550 SE V2 that has been converted to 600 size blades, was test flown with the previous Spirit Pro & GeoLink and performed pretty well, although it did have too much tail gain set in the Spirit Pro FBL unit. After researching this forum, I found where changing the Rudder - RevoMix section from the default value from 0 to 2 should help the tail gain issue. It was cautioned in the forum not go higher than 3 for this setting. In further examination, I had to move the single 6s 4500 Pulse pack further forward to get the heli CG to balance better. Pitch is still set at 12 degrees + and -. I hope to get to test the latest settings soon, and will report back. Attached below is the Spirit Pro 4DS latest settings to test, she should fly much better.
Thanks, see the attached file to download this latest 4DS file.
Dave
Attachment:

PostPosted: Wed 19. Jun 2019 2:42:34 

Hello everyone,
I finally got to fly this past weekend..

The Mikado Logo 550 SE V2 that has been converted to 600 size blades, and with the following small changes below, the heli is flying perfect with no tail wag, problem resolved!

First of all, If you have not downloaded and printed the EXTREMELY HELPFUL, WELL WRITTEN, Spirit Tuning Guide download it located here: http://manual.spirit-system.com/index.php?title=Tuning_Guide

Once you have downloaded and printed this VERY HELPFUL GUIDE FOR TUNING ISSUES that resolved my Tail Wag problem that goes step by step on how to check which items to change. I have added a PDF File below to show all of the changes made to eliminate the Tail Wag, by directly following the Tuning Guide and writing to the side changes made to solve the problem. I am attaching the file
named "Spirit Tuning Guide Changes Made Logo 600 Now Flying Perfect 6 18 2019"
Printout this File and note the changes I found I needed to change in Blue Ink in the margins.
The best way to use this file is by printing it out and starting on page 1 and following the guide check each item I reviewed with either being (OK), or needing an adjustment.

At this point, after making the changes above, I saved my .4DS file that had all the updated settings that are in the transmitter for me, which is the Tail Gain settings. So at this point I would suggest that you download the latest .4DS File viewer here: http://4dsviewer.spirit-system.com/www/ and review my changes in this file I saved of my current .4DS file attached: 4DS Viewer file of changes made now Logo 600 flying perfect 6 18 2019.PDF Then Open your current file for your heli and view it, using Spirit .4DS file viewer, and you can confirm and make changes to your .4DS File as needed. For instance, if your Rudder Gain and Rudder Common Gain values are set to aggressive, then you will get tail wag. By changing these down to lower values (very carefully not to change them too much at once) to get the desired result I got with no Tail Wag period, fixed!

I am attaching my .4DS File viewer results, where you can view them to see what made the difference(s) my that resolved the tail wag issue. Using the .4DS viewer to open this file I documented the changes made that resolved the tail wag issue: 4DS Viewer file of changes made now Logo 600 flying perfect 6 18 2019.
Use this file to compare to your file, and make the necessary changes as you go.

Hope this helps, as my Mikado Logo 550 SE V2 that has been converted to 600 size blades, is flying perfect with no tail wag at all, problem resolved after testing it in the air on Sunday 6/16/2019.
Thanks, Dave

Attachments:
4DS Viewer file of changes made now Logo 600 flying perfect 6 18 2019.PDF [812.35 KiB]
Downloaded 39 times
Spirit Tuning Guide Changes Made Logo 600 Now Flying Perfect 6 18 2019.PDF [1.37 MiB]
Downloaded 38 times