It is currently Sun 12. May 2024 23:01:18

All times are UTC + 1 hour

Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
PostPosted: Thu 22. Nov 2018 0:53:35 

It seems FrOS cannot output different gyro value when a switch is changed, only when a flight mode is changed. This is causing me no end of confusion and difficulty with the Spirit. I have (finally) got my switches set up to switch banks 0/1 and then a momentary switch for bank 2 for rescue, but, bank 0 = stabi (aero) which requires negative gyro gain, bank 1 - 'stabi disabled', and I would probably like this to still have Heading Hold gyro, but that means it needs positive gyro gain, and then I have bank 2 which does Rescue (Normal) which also requires negative gyro gain.

So, at first I thought the problem was that Spirit should change their system, so that negative gyro gain = more assistance, and positive gyro gain = less assistance (which would mean that 'disabled' with negative gyro gain = heading hold, the opposite of how it actually is).

Anyway I am stuck, but I guess if the Horus with FrOS would let me switch or mix gyro gain with a switch, then I'd be OK.

Should I look at OpenTX? It has taken so long to get the mixers working correctly so far for the bank select. i have to use a 3 way switch for banks 0/1 on ch5 (-100 to 0), and then mix in a momentary 2-way switch to ch5 to push it to +100, so that ch5 can be bank select with two switches. It's so confusing.

PostPosted: Thu 22. Nov 2018 1:17:23 

Apologies if that wasn't clear.

What I am trying to say is, I want (and I expect others might want ?):

Bank 0: Stabi (Aero) (which naturally always includes Heading Hold tail)
Bank 1: No Stabi with Heading Hold tail (who doesn't want Heading Hold ? It's been the standard to have since it was invented right??)
Bank 2: Rescue

but this seems very difficult to get this, unless you can swith from Gyro negative to Gyro positive with the same switch that switches banks. FrOS on Horus X10S cannot manage it I don't think.