It is currently Thu 28. Mar 2024 16:38:44

All times are UTC + 1 hour

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 69 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
  Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
PostPosted: Tue 26. Feb 2019 10:45:21 

Hello Tomáš,

whatever they do in the video - I cannot reproduce it!
The video also shows not the behavior of spirit led after starting lua - abrupt ending, LED may be blinking.
Another aspect: nothing is connected to spirit, maybe not programmed any way.

Regards,
Toni

PostPosted: Tue 26. Feb 2019 11:31:28 

Tomas, I can get a FrSky RX8R Pro and send it to you so you do the test yourself with the Spirit connected to servos as it should be on a heli and I am 100% certain that it will act the way it is acting in the video that I posted earlier. I am using integration alright with the RX8R Pro but I have to start the lua script first on the Tx before powering the heli. If I don't do that it doesn't work.

The FrSky engineer on RcGroups asked me to test the integration with nothing connected to the Spirit unit. Why should I do that when the Spirit will be connected to servos on a heli anyway?

Tomas you should do the test yourself instead of the FrSky guys as you know the Spirit unit better. I can donate an RX8R Pro receiver to you for the test.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Tue 26. Feb 2019 12:02:44 

Carthago wrote:
Hello Tomáš,

whatever they do in the video - I cannot reproduce it!
The video also shows not the behavior of spirit led after starting lua - abrupt ending, LED may be blinking.
Another aspect: nothing is connected to spirit, maybe not programmed any way.

Regards,
Toni
+1, it should be tested with the Spirit configured like it would when on a heli. There has to be a bug somewhere causing this.

PostPosted: Tue 26. Feb 2019 15:43:00 

It would be good if someone with a spare Spirit unit test the integration with the Spirit unit not connected to servos and see if they can produce the result of the FrSky engineers' test as they did it without servos connected. That way we would be closer to finding out what the problem is.

PostPosted: Tue 26. Feb 2019 17:53:24 
Site Admin

Servos are not interfering with the unit in any way. It is basically same with servos.
You can simply unplug the servos and try it too.

PostPosted: Tue 26. Feb 2019 18:36:39 

It is very strange why it doesn't work correctly for me and the other people on this thread then. It cannot be that we all have defective FrSky RX8R Pro and RX6R receivers. Other than the FrSky engineers, I don't think integration between Spirit and these two receiver types is working correctly for anyone else!

I can live with it the way it is now i.e. start lua script first then power on the heli although it is a bit cumbersome.

PostPosted: Wed 27. Feb 2019 10:00:44 

For the sake of completeness I disconnected all servos and RPM connection, but the result is the same as before.
I think either FrSky testers use a firmware different to the last published version or they use an unconfigured spirit unit which is not in a real "working mode" like fly-ready programmed on a heli.
Let's hope that there are no further communication problems between receiver and spirit from with we don't know - at the moment I will not fly this combination for safety reasons.

Regards,
Toni

PostPosted: Wed 27. Feb 2019 11:50:28 

I hope Tomas does the testing himself using a "standard" FrSky RX8R Pro receiver like the ones we have. This is getting frustrating as how it is now, it is never gonna be fixed with FrSky saying it is working while it clearly isn't for us.

I even updated the Taranis Qx7s internal XJT Tx radio module firmware with the latest firmware just in case it wasn't up to date and still no difference. I updated the boot loader with version 2.2.3 to make it match with OpenTx 2.2.3 which I already have. I know the boot loader is used for connecting the Tx to the PC but I updated it anyway just in case it is causing the issue. I will test that later today and if it doesn't work correctly, I will give up trying!

PostPosted: Wed 27. Feb 2019 13:38:31 
Site Admin

It is really strange - they are not saying it is working - it really works as you can see at the video.
You can unplug the servos and put the Spirit unit in the factory defaults. But the behavior should be very same.

We are trying to find all differences at the moment. Their equipment should be very same as yours.

PostPosted: Wed 27. Feb 2019 14:32:52 

Ok,

after watching the Frsky video again and again I found the difference:
they get the radio ready up to the point where next keystroke starts a LUA script and then spirit is powered on and now - this is most important!! - they start LUA while spirit unit is still coming up before "swashplate jumping"!
(I know they have no connected swashplate, but you can see spirit LED is still blinking at that moment)
From now on LUA scripts work!
I can reproduce this behavior here; maybe this is another workarround for the moment, but the problem itself is not solved!
Maybe my "little discovery" helps anyway.

Regards,
Toni

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 69 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next