It is currently Thu 28. Mar 2024 17:30:59

All times are UTC + 1 hour

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 69 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
  Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
PostPosted: Fri 15. Feb 2019 13:31:52 

Little different behavior here:
it makes no difference whether integration cable is connected or not.
Starting Lua before powering up Spirit makes scripts work and LED continues flashing, but powering Spirit without activating scrips before results in Spirit LED off after init procedure is completed (jumping swash plate).

Regards,
Toni

PostPosted: Fri 15. Feb 2019 18:50:20 

Carthago wrote:
Little different behavior here:
it makes no difference whether integration cable is connected or not.
Starting Lua before powering up Spirit makes scripts work and LED continues flashing, but powering Spirit without activating scrips before results in Spirit LED off after init procedure is completed (jumping swash plate).

Regards,
Toni

Just checked mine again and it acts exactly like yours. I have the latest OpenTx 2.2.3 installed in my Taranis Qx7s and I am using a Rx8r pro rx. I am uploading the video now!

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Sat 16. Feb 2019 0:12:01 

Here is the video

https://youtu.be/Sct-3DLmfb4

PostPosted: Sun 17. Feb 2019 16:03:57 

Tomas, does the integration in the Frsky video, that they sent you, behave differently from the one I posted? If yes, then perhaps they maybe have a new different firmware for the reciever with a fix?

Regards,
Denis

PostPosted: Sun 17. Feb 2019 17:25:01 

I have now re-tried it with an RX8R pro, with Open TX 2.2.3 on a Horus X10. Before doing so I downloaded and flashed the receiver with the latest firmware. This was EU LBT - I wonder if that is significant?
I can confirm that the behaviour is consistant with what others are seeing, i.e. powering up first, then running the LUA does not work, whereas running the LUA then powering up the receiver does work. Non redundancy receivers working properly.
Chris

PostPosted: Sun 17. Feb 2019 17:31:16 

A further thought, when downloading OpenTX firmware there are several switches that need to be selected to determine exactly which features are compiled. Could the problem lie in that area? I've not looked to see what the possibilities are yet, there may not be anything that could make a difference.

PostPosted: Sun 17. Feb 2019 17:40:15 

I think there is something different in the way FrSky handles the S-port communications in the recievers that are having this weird behaviour cause how come the other recievers like the non redundancy receivers work (integrate) properly and the ones like the Rx8r pro don't?

Or do the redundancy receivers need a different lua script perhaps? Just a thought! Though the LED light on the Spirit unit turns off completely after initialization if the lua script isn't called first which is strange so the problem might be something else.

PostPosted: Sun 17. Feb 2019 20:39:11 

Denis 747,
I think that there has to be something different. with two receivers you are only allowed to enable telemetry in one. I've not looked to see how you connect the sensors as I've only set up a redundancy system using an RB10 not any of the receivers with the redundancy bus, but presumably they must have to determine at start up whether they should activate the S-port and I'm guessing that there is a bug in that process that throws the S-port out of sync with the spirit. I'd be tempted to get a 'scope on it but that would be too much like my day job! (Electronic designer)

PostPosted: Sun 17. Feb 2019 21:33:17 

duckforeman wrote:
Denis 747,
I think that there has to be something different. with two receivers you are only allowed to enable telemetry in one. I've not looked to see how you connect the sensors as I've only set up a redundancy system using an RB10 not any of the receivers with the redundancy bus, but presumably they must have to determine at start up whether they should activate the S-port and I'm guessing that there is a bug in that process that throws the S-port out of sync with the spirit. I'd be tempted to get a 'scope on it but that would be too much like my day job! (Electronic designer)
Yes I think that is the case too.

I am using a Frsky XM+ Rx as the slave receiver connected to the RX8R Pro's redundancy bus on my Trex 550X.

PostPosted: Mon 18. Feb 2019 9:14:35 

I am using the RX8R pro standalone and I am having the same behavior so the reason is not an additional connected receiver.

Regards,
Toni

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 69 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next